Drastic increase in sales of Honda CTX 200 Bushlander

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watty

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki Djebel 250XC
Ja-nee.  In marketing exposure will always increase sales.  With Trailrider's extensive posting and praises re his trusty ride, the Honda CTX 200, I must relate this info.  It would appear that someone visits the Wild Dog Forum and take note of how we rate a particular bike.

Saturday I pasted the local Honda dealership here in PE, and, as we say in time of bewilderment, WTF!  The place was infested with CTX200's.  Everywhere you look, there is one of the little red rides standing.  I just could not ride past, so I made a sharp U-turn to go and investigate.

The dealer principle did not want to give me all the information I wanted (even though he happens to have been my neighbour in the 1990's, and thus one would assume some more "inside" information would be forthcoming).

All I could gather was that a single client ordered 60 of the bikes!  One of the mechanics (when caught of guard) did however mentioned that the bikes are being prepped for shipment "north" in to Africa somewhere???  So my guest is this is some United Nations, African Unity or some outreach/upliftment thingy.
thinking.gif

Any way,  this post is thus dedicated to Trailrider  -  and as they say "eat your heart out, baby!"

Cellphone photo quality unfortunately.

Attachments

• Photo0001.jpg
    Photo0001.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Photo0002.jpg
    Photo0002.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 152
  • Photo0003.jpg
    Photo0003.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 151