Surprise Lunch @ Goanikontes Oasis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So it was SWAMBO's birthday yesterday and I thought a surprise lunch date today with some close friends will end her birthday weekend off in a fashionable way.

I made arrangements with her friend to reserve a table for us at Goanikontes Oasis, a little restaurant on the banks of the Swakop River near the Moon Landscapes.

Then I convinced SWAMBO that I need to get out and take a ride with the bike and that I need her to ride support vehicle and she agreed.

This morning early I took old faithful out from the garage, checked the oil, tyres and filled her up for the 80km ride to Goanikontes.

dscn0303jv.jpg

dscn0302f.jpg

This is I on the road between Walvis Bay and the Dune 7 turn off to Swakopmund

dscn0304y.jpg

….on the D1991 road towards the Moon Landscape turn off

dscn0305x.jpg

….going down towards the Swakop River from Moon Landscape

dscn0306cb.jpg

dscn0308e.jpg

Our friends and SWAMBO waiting for lunch

dscn0309yd.jpg

SWAMBO

dscn0314h.jpg

SWAMBO and Bismarck

dscn0312o.jpg

and the rest of the pack

dscn0310jb.jpg

dscn0311f.jpg

Lots of space for kids to play while the grownups do their thing.....

dscn0313b.jpg

The local village clown at.......

.......Moon Landscape Turn Off

dscn0316y.jpg

.......Dune 7 Turn Off

dscn0317k.jpg

.......Walvis Bay Turn Off

dscn0318lg.jpg

The Goanikontes Oasis is a nice little stopover on the banks of the Swakop River; they are open 7 days a week from 08:00 to 17:00. They serve light lunches, salads, homemade cake, and delicious set meals on Sundays. They also have camping facilities for those who wants to stay the night.

Please support them if you’re in the area. It is really an Oasis in this part of the country on a hot Namibian summer day.