ICE - YET PROBABLY ANOTHER THREAD BUT READ PLS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boes-man

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Guys,

After yet another fatal accident this morning and a discussion on that thread maybe it is good to talk about this again.
1st off wear identification with relevant information like.
1. Your Details (Name Surname ID)
2. Your medical aid details and conditions
3. Your next of kin and a ICE contact person
4. Club and or association (Pearl Black MCC, Wild Dog forum - Forum name, VOG, HOG, Think Bike)

Now these details should be sufficient but where to put it.

1. Capsule on your Jacket - They can break off/ you could decide not to wear it.
2. Wallet -  Sorry many yes many times your wallet is stolen even before the medics arrive.
3. ICE Armband (ICE, Crisis on call) They get damaged, I witnessed this)
4. Under your pillion seat - 1st thing to come off during impact or get crushed into the frame
5. Around your neck Dog-tag - They can come of or in this morning's accident inaccessible.
6. On your waist coat. - They can get damaged.
7. Inside of your top box - they can go flying in an accident and  end up in the bushes for no-one to find.
8. on your keys - 99% of the accidents I have attended to the key was still in the ignition - Fire/ high speed frontal impact could break the key and the ID on the Key ring is gone.

These are just some ideas - Please share your success story and or ideas with me.