Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: AMID show feedback  (Read 1051 times)

Online sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
AMID show feedback
« on: May 06, 2006, 01:21:39 pm »
Just came back from AMID show. Met up with Leo, Funacide and Amstel and had a look around. Got my stickers too  :D It's the same like every year before, R 7 for a Coke and some crazy nuts jumping MX bikes and quads.

Coolest bike at the show - the Honda Dream 50 no contest, second will have to go to the DRZ at the Suzuki stand but then I'm biased  :D
Also check out the cutaway of the new R6 motor, look at and hear the Honda 250 super four Jim Redman replica. Oh ya and the Yamaha girls are pretty hawt too  8) They also had the new GS Adventure there and a KTM super enduro. I wanted to ride the DRZ 400 Supermotard but there is just too many people that want to do a test ride. Kawa also have a show special, a brand new KLR 650 for R39 999 !

R30 not too bad for the entrance fee though.
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Kev

Re: AMID show feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 01:43:10 pm »
Quote from: "digitaldan"
Just came back from AMID show. They also had the new GS Adventure there and a KTM super enduro.

Any news on the KTM 950 SE R? What did you over-hear the crowd saying? I am curious as the publics impressions of the bike in SA. Here in France, all my mates think I am nuts to get a monster dirt bike... but I just love the nuttyness of having such a bizare bike to scare the scooters in Geneva! Its going to be brill!! :P   And most importantly: What were the girlies like? PICS!!!! You da man with the cam... come on!!  :roll:

Online sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
AMID show feedback
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 01:50:32 pm »
Did not hear anything but I think that thing must haul ass ! 1000 cc in a MX type frame, all I can say is "BE CAREFULL !!!"  :D
J.R.R Tolkien

Online sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
AMID show feedback
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 04:19:47 pm »
I figured I would not need a camera as I figured I would have seen it all, wrong  :? Man that Dream 50 was way cool ! Like this one ....

J.R.R Tolkien

Offline krazy-eyes

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
AMID show feedback
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 12:19:22 am »
saw leo and excalibur hanging out at the bmw stand next to the new adventure. it seems they were setting up camp next to the bike and are probably still there... drewling, ready to handcuff themselves to it  :lol:

spoke to the guys at the akrapovic stand. they can get you pipes for any bike as long as it is not a ktm 950. apparently butch hersch from pro-action ktm has a deal with the akra factory in europe, forbidding them to sell the ktm pipes here in sa if it is not done through him!
this way he can nearly double the asking price on a set of pipes....
what happened to the free-market system? the more i learn about this butch character, the less i like him  :roll:

saw a lot of hotties.
luckily i warned the gf before hand that i intended looking at everything that was worth looking at, including the bikes. at first she was shocked when i checked out some chicks, but then i said "dont say i didnt warn you"  :twisted:
i explained it to her like this:
every now and again one sees a good looking girl, and naturally one looks. it is like when you have a ktm. every now and again a bmw or yamaha comes past. it is new, shiny, interesting, and perhaps a completely different design, hence you look. this doesnt mean you're going to trade in the ktm though, the ktm is your bike of choice and you love it to death.

Offline Leo

AMID show feedback
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 10:18:00 am »
Herewith a few of my pics
Check the asking price on this race replica Super Motard jip is says R98K big ones  :oops:

BMW was displaying lots of new models

The star of the show for me

Check the wheels on this kwat - 21 inch rims  :D

Katooms  :wink:

Nice colours

Brian Kappa was as impressive as always.

Jumping several people without using a ramp - just jumps over them.
The comentator is the guys lying on the far left  :D

The Buell stunt guys also had some wonderful tricks

No cemments  :D  :D

Grey Haired Riders Don't get that way from pure luck!

Offline Butch

AMID show feedback
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 12:19:32 pm »
Quote from: "krazy-eyes"
the more i learn about this butch character, the less i like him  :roll:

Any similarities are purely coincidental.  :?
Live and let live.

Kev

AMID show feedback
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 01:02:07 pm »
Cheers for the pics of the KTM super enduro Leo. Dam, can't wait anymore! I can see why DigitalDan did not hear anyone saying anything about the bike... they are all over at the BMW stand checking out the bikes there... or the bokkies at Polaris, or looking out the door!  :shock: Dudes, you went there to look at the bikes. Whats up with you lot? :dontknow:  :lol:

shark_za

AMID show feedback
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 02:10:15 pm »
The Polaris bokkies looked like a bunch of crackwhores in real life.

The Yammie girls were a bit young, but hey, I'd hit it.

Loved the little Honda 50, and the 1200 ADV, I kinda dig the 900 Scrambler too.
The KTM stand was Butch's shop moved to kyalami for the day, apart from the 950 there is another one that biting me hard.

JJ's black Dakar looked hot.

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
AMID show feedback
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 08:02:29 am »
Quote from: "krazy-eyes"
saw leo and excalibur hanging out at the bmw stand next to the new adventure. it seems they were setting up camp next to the bike and are probably still there... drewling, ready to handcuff themselves to it  :lol:

spoke to the guys at the akrapovic stand. they can get you pipes for any bike as long as it is not a ktm 950. apparently butch hersch from pro-action ktm has a deal with the akra factory in europe, forbidding them to sell the ktm pipes here in sa if it is not done through him!
this way he can nearly double the asking price on a set of pipes....
what happened to the free-market system? the more i learn about this butch character, the less i like him  :roll:

saw a lot of hotties.
luckily i warned the gf before hand that i intended looking at everything that was worth looking at, including the bikes. at first she was shocked when i checked out some chicks, but then i said "dont say i didnt warn you"  :twisted:
i explained it to her like this:
every now and again one sees a good looking girl, and naturally one looks. it is like when you have a ktm. every now and again a bmw or yamaha comes past. it is new, shiny, interesting, and perhaps a completely different design, hence you look. this doesnt mean you're going to trade in the ktm though, the ktm is your bike of choice and you love it to death.

Just for interest Krazy, I saw a KTM in the same colours as yours in the car park, it must have had a stuck float or something, cos it was pissing fuel all over the floor, was it yours?

Welshie
The guys say they can do a Pistol on their 3D printer, not impressed I have had a Canon printer for years.