Trailriderâ??s tour to Hogsback â?? The 2007 WD Bash!!! Complete report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trailrider

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda TransAlp XL700V
Day 0:

The planning has been done, the supplies have been bought, the bike has been modified.

Bikeviewfront.jpg

Excitement is of the charts!

The weather report seems OK. SCP and I will be leaving in fair weather on Wednesday 6/11/2007.

GeorgeZAFWeather-ForecastsRadarMaps.png
UitenhageZAFWeather-ForecastsRadarM.png
FortBeaufortZAFWeather-ForecastsRad.png
PortAlfredZAFWeather-ForecastsRadar.png

The planned route has changed a couple of times with the final change being that we wonâ??t do the Baviaanskloof on the way to Hogsback, but rather on the return route. Reason being that a Karoo farm came on the market and I need to swing by there to have a look. Iâ??ve always wanted a Karoo farm! ;D

This is the planned route:
(Red route to Hogsback, Blue route back home)

western_cape_map3.gif
eastern_cape_map2.gif

We plan on taking it easy and really taking the scenery in. Easy riding and LOTS of photo stops. We have a rough route planned, but no accommodation is booked. Weâ??ll see where we end up and sleep there â?? even in the veld if need be (I kinda hope this happens at least once). Weâ??ve got 7 days set out for this trip and we plan to be home on Tuesday (evening) 13/11/2007.

While on the road Iâ??ll send messages to Eisbein and heâ??ll update you guys on our progress.