KTM 690 Rally Raid EVO 2 Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill the Bong

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Cagiva Elefant 900
Since DHL let me know that my Rally Raid EVO 2 kit is in the country, I thought I would document the process.  I've been know to delete photos from drives by accident, this way its for ever and ever somewhere. 

Also if I run into an hiccup, someone here will be able to help.

I thought I would start with what has been done up to now.  I was actually not going to use the 690 for the Amageza (I was planning on using either a 640 Adv or an XR600R).  However, quite a lot of the mods actually complements the rally application.

I took one look at the OEM chain and replaced it with a DID.  The replaced item got fitted on a pitbike where its doing sterling service.

Next to get fitted was the Rally Raid rear tank bolt replacement kit.

This was followed with a Rally Raid rear filler cap replacement kit.  Its now using an Acerbis screw cap.

In place of the quick release fittings for the fuel line, I fitted an Bombardier metal fuel filter.  This is to avoid having to release the rear tank to replace the internal filter and to potentially kink the fuel lines.

I've also fitted a Pro-Fill filter sock over the fuel pump.

A Zip-ty Racing axel pull was fitted to the front axel (bit of a gimmick....)

Then I fitted a Votex ECU in place of the twin-ecu setup that was standard.  This is pure bliss...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is where the trim is adjusted and maps selected.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us