My "Bucket List" trip to Cape Town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXL

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Last year, I decided that it was time to take the bike for a longer ride. I returned to riding a couple of years ago, after many years off the bike. So, as the plan was to visit family in Cape Town over December, I would ride the bike and my wife and kids would fly down, to arrive the same day I did. I had never done a long trip on the bike (longer than about 400 - 500km). I know many on this forum have done this trip many times, it was a first for me. This report will be “ho-hum” ....yawn, for many, but for the uninitiated, I hope you get something out of it!
I thought I would share some pics from the trip, even though it was all tar. To those that have never done it, it is worth doing, even just once. The Karoo, on a bike, is really an experience. 
Oh...and we were Blessed with no rain and almost Zero wind, for the entire trip! (But SHEEEESH...Oudtshoorn gets hot!)

Day 1: Springs via Vereeniging, Koppies, Kroonstad, Bloem, Tromsburg, through to Colesburg. Sleep over at The Barracks.

Day 2: Colesburg via Beaufort West, Meiringspoort, De Rust to Oudtshoorn. Slept over at NA Smit Resort.

Day 3: Oudtshoorn, down the R62 to Durbanville

Pics to follow