KTM 950 ADVENTURE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hey guy's

I have to share this, I ride my little "Uber thumper" f650GS and love it, I thought I was going to train myself up with little Uber and go for the 1200GS later next year, until today. At the AMID show I decided to go and "walk" on the dark side for two laps on the KTM 950 Adv with my son as pillion - WOW what a bike :shock:

It handled like a dream around the track, excellent brakes and of course exceleration, is only 5kg's heavier than my 650! The seat is a bit hard but I hear you can buy an softer seat for about R1100. The silver one costs R85000 and the orange one about R95000 according to the sales guy's.

I did not have the time to tae the "990S" for a spin, but they say that the fuel injection on the "990S" makes a huge difference aswell.

What a nice experience, I gues it will be hard to choose between 1200GS and the KTM after today.

What's the service intervals on these bikes like? I could not get an consistant answer from the two different sales guy's that I spoke to, one says 5000 and the other 10000?

Cheers!

got the stickers at last!