Unwritten rules of Biking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
As with many things in life there are certain factions of people who have similar interests that will have certain unwritten rules that need not be mentioned to be known.  One will join a group or activity and just by being associated with the said group you will know what to do and what not to do.  Biking is no exception and the point of this thread is to ascertain some of the reasons why we do things as well as what it is that we do.  I will start off with mine, which I have noted to be done by all types of bikers on all types of bikes.  And pray tell the rule I hear you ask.  Why do I have this desperate and insatiable need to come flying past Harley riders as fast as I can.  Is it to prove that my bike is better? Is it to prove that they are just posers? I dont know, but when I see them I become overwhelmed with the need to fly past them at unimaginable speeds.  And as I said earlier on it is done by all types of bikers, not just myself.  I have friends on Superbikes and normal run of the mill commuters who do the same thing. 

Do you guys have any of these other unwritten rules that seem to compel you to do something for no apparent reason.