Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husqvarna experts help please with WR250  (Read 362 times)

Offline sting

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
Husqvarna experts help please with WR250
« on: February 17, 2013, 07:38:02 pm »
Please help, i am out of ideas. I have a 2004 anniversary edition Husqvarna WR250 2-stroke. It has new pistons etc at a cost of R7k. Every time i ride i have to replace the spark plug. Then it goes fine until I stop riding for an hour and the engine cools. I then start it and it blows a plug in under a minute. It always blows plugs after the ride when it has cooled again. Replace the plug and then it's fine again until it has cooled. I have changed more than 10 plugs on this bike already. At R40 each ride. The plugs seem black and oily and wet. I have had it back at the dealer and had experts check jetting and everything. Next ride it happens again. Please advise what this could be other than bad karma for changing from an orange bike

Offline ktmmer

Re: Husqvarna experts help please with WR250
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 07:44:06 pm »
Are you sure you are using the right  plug , heat range etc.

Offline sting

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 07:47:06 pm »
Using the BR8 plug as suggested. Actually bought a Br 9 and put that in today to see if it makes a difference.  Will try start it tomorrow with that.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 08:58:11 pm »
The BR8EG has a fine wire electrode, the BR8ES has a standard electrode. The fine wire reduces the voltage required to spark, resulting in better starting and acceleration. The difference between the B series and the BR is being resistor.

Also make sure that the jetting on the bike is spot on --bad jetting can also cause the 2 smoke to foul up ----

http://www.lpg-kits.com/MplugsHusqvarna.htm
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:59:25 pm by blazes »
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline sting

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 09:11:16 pm »
Thank you Blazes, appreciate your help. Can you suggest anyone to check jetting? Dont want to go back to this specific dealer again where they even fix bikes on the floor