WC-Beaverlac Recce`

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
So after Riebeekers 50th  last weekend at Waterval , Porterville.
I took a ride to beaverlac wng ithe the car , got to the top of the pass and to the Beaverlac Turn off.
I got out of the car and looked down the dirt road ( Steep down hill) with all the rocks and very washed out road . and decided not to go down with the wifes little Kia Picanto.
But to rather go back with the bike.

So today we , Fuzzy Muzzy , Trippple Xc and my self , went back to take a look at the Beaverlack Campsite.

Andynokia161_zps07aef0ce.jpg

Andynokia162_zps22309d69.jpg

We had herd rumours that bikes werent welcome there, saying that , Riebeeker had told me that he had never been turned away there.

We road up the 7km up hill all the way , Dasklip Pass to the Beaverlac Turn off.
The view from the Dasklip pass is quite spectacular !

I am amaized that normal cars get down that road , never mind how they get back up again.
4 x 4 `s and the rainy weather , have ruined that road and it isnt pleasant riding down , not to mention all the bakkies and cars making an exidos on a Sunday , coming around the corners trying to get back up the hill on that Sh_t road.

Mmmm , it was interesting.

But the good news is , the Access control manager  , had absolutely no problem with us ( Bikers) going into the camp to buy a cooldrink from their on camp shop.

Andynokia172_zps22269787.jpg

Which by the way has , food , cool drinks , ice cream and a fridge full of beer in it.
Awesome looking campsite and very clean ablusion blocks.

Andynokia170_zpsb7babee3.jpg

We chilled out in the shade , before racing back up the hill , overtaking cars and 4 x 4`s on the Kak road !

We made a left turn at the top and continued up the dirt road ontop of the mountain to check out Die Grootwinterhoek !

Andynokia174_zps67043a31.jpg

Andynokia175_zpsc3605a11.jpg

Andynokia176_zps37f94a5c.jpg

Andynokia178_zps1dc5977c.jpg

Fuzzy Muzzy

Andynokia180_zps85175408.jpg

On Top of the Mountain

Andynokia182_zpsa85693a4.jpg

Andynokia183_zps03ef44fb.jpg

Decisions , Decisions , which way now ?

Andynokia185_zpsfb2b5394.jpg

Andynokia186_zps20d10251.jpg