CCP (cat code plug) as I did it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMoose

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hi all

After much research, this is what I did on my 1150 Adv.

I had the surge issue around 3000 RPM and a lot of popping when changing down. I had a look at the relay situation and found the yellow cat code plug still in place. I then removed it and the surge issue was sorted!  ;D

I did not want to leave it there as in my reading I found that the jumper location that a guy called 'Steptoe' uses and the one that our Mogas uses are different. I opted for the Steptoe version first to see what happens. Well I was almost swallowed up by the traffic because after idling along till the lights, all good so far, then as I pull away to get ahead the bike just wont rev passed 3000 RPM! Sounded like it was hitting a rev limiter.

I pulled over and changed the jumper to the 'Mogas version' and all was better. pulls ok. Much the same as without having the jumpers in. I must say though that there is less popping when changing down now. I am hoping for better consumption too, which leads me to a question. What is the average 1150 Adv rider getting on a tank of fuel? I managed to get to 461 KM on a tank without the CCP plug in.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Steptoe.png
    Steptoe.png
    251.3 KB · Views: 254
  • Mogas.jpg
    Mogas.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 251