2013 March Rebel Warthog run RR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orangeswifty

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
The first Rebel Warthog run for 2013 was a huge success!! :thumleft:
I unfortunately only had my cellphone camera there so please feel free to add banter and photographs as you wish!

Get a bunch of reprobates together on a weekend with bikes and booze and youv'e got a recipe for disaster! :peepwall:

The weekend started at the Marker outside the groentewinkel on the Old Warmbaths road.
Kierie and Boer could not make it because of workrelated stress
How rich do you want to get?

The new kids on the block immediately joined in the Rebel banter and were soon part of the chaos
Arries, Leon, Kobus.............well done chaps! You have passed the firedrill and are now true Rebel Dogz!
We departed from the Groentewinkel at around 1:45 because of 2 riders who got lost from Piere van Rhyneveld! :patch:
I won't mention names!

JC flashed past everyone on the tar road with his GS tarmonster and immediately got lost!
Luckily Cocky turned around to do a recovery of the lost sheep.
We only started becoming 'One' with the ride after our normal stop at the friendly neighbourhood shebeen in Hammanskraal where everyone had one to calm the nerves.
I unfortunately did not take a group picture!
I did how ever take a picture of one of the local squeeza's who wanted a ride on JC's Bof!
Apparently bigger is better.......................or not JC?
Like Oros mentioned - get on and make broem broem noises! :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Later into the ride Douw lost the can off his 690 and had to turn back to recover it!
Man - that bike is noisy without an endpiece! :xxbah:

The sweeping wet roads turned out to be a real jol with compacted sand and waterpools everywhere
Ploegskaar and myself had a race to the Thabazimbi, Bela Bela road at speeds exceeding 170 at some stages
Man those roads are lekke! :lol8:

Half the guys stopped to help Cocky with a puncture when we turned onto the Rooiberg dirtroad
Douw and myself carried on towards Rooiberg with JC, Smokes and Ploegie in tow.
At the end of the road just around a silly little bend the road is suddenly blocked by a makeshift boom and a security guard with a clipboard
Douw and i just managed to stop in time after a reasonably uncontrolled 50meter brakeslide.
As we were about to speak to the security guard JC came thundering around the bend and did not manage to stop in time!
He hit the makeshift boom on the far righthand side and went down in a heap of dust.
Appart from the broken screen and spots as well as a damaged brake fluid holder on the steering all seemd to be fine................except for a bruised ego!

JC luckily managed to carry on to Rooiberg for refueling and onwards to the farm.
I managed an inflight pic of the flying damaged naked bof
Not a pretty sight!!!!
Bad luck JC!

The front group arrived at the farm and
took the game drive vehicle in to Thaba where we received the news that Cocky's Bessie had finally decided to 'clutch out' about 9 clicks from the farm. He managed to limp to the farm and we organised with the plaasboer Francois to bring a trailer along on saturday to take the dead and damaged home on sunday.

Eventually it turned out to be a good call because Redriders' Honda decided to break its chain on the return trip on sunday!
An eventfull evening with copious amounts of alcohol, food and hillarious campfire stories was had by all.
Graet rumpsteaks and boerewors were consumed with pap and sous!

Some of us went to bed in time to save the livers and manage to do the outride the next day.
Some bad boys only went to bed at 20 to 6 in the am!!!!
No outride for them
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Eventually only 7 of us went on the saturday morning outride around Marekele to Vaalwater for a lunch and back over the kransberge and Bakkerspass to the farm. A torrential downpour caught us on the mountain and we managed to slide through the snot and all arrive at the Farm intact.......................and very wet!

The satrurday evening turned out to be another banger and pap, sous and rump sosaties filled hungry stomachs and all retired a little earlier in anticipation for the sunday ride home.
We left fairly early the next day back over the Kransberge through Rankins and to Warmbaths.
Unfortunately Redrider managed to break his chain and had to be recovered by Francois!

From Bela Bela only 4 riders returned through Rust de Winter to Cullinnan and Pta
Another successful hooligan ride soon to be repeated!

I have some pictures
Feel free to add
I will post some pics of the outride later
:thumleft:

Attachments

• IMG-20130301-00073.jpg
    IMG-20130301-00073.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG-20130301-00074.jpg
    IMG-20130301-00074.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG-20130301-00075.jpg