Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Any dogs in Kenya?  (Read 482 times)

Offline chickenbadger

• Bike: BMW F800GS
Any dogs in Kenya?
« on: March 05, 2013, 10:44:22 am »
Honne, howsit

Are any dogs living in Kenya or have on the ground info of whats cracking there? I have a flight into Mombasa on the 15th of March to start my ride back down to The Mother City, but it looks like the kuk is hitting the fan over there.

I have read the news reports, but reporters sell papers, and get traffic to their sites, so I think pinches of salt are in order there.

Need some first hand experience if anybody has any?

Thanks in advance. i dont want to end up on any memorial any time soon.
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. I dont have this luxury.

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
Re: Any dogs in Kenya?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 10:53:04 am »
Jungle-Junction (along 'Amboseli Rd.,' in 'Lavington,' near the crossing 'Gitanga Rd.' and 'James Gichuru Rd.') Tel. +254-0-722-752865 / 0723-392014, E-mail; c_handschuh_68@yahoo.com

i was in kenya during the last election and the riots etc. u want to avoid it. contact above, they get overlanders staying over...mombasa has had incidents, Nairobi not yet....

i have many connections in nairobi, some of them bikers, if you get stuck they will help you. perhaps change your route to go through tanz instead of kenya if that makes sense? tanz, malawi, moz, zim, south....

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline chickenbadger

• Bike: BMW F800GS
Re: Any dogs in Kenya?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 11:18:35 am »
Jungle-Junction (along 'Amboseli Rd.,' in 'Lavington,' near the crossing 'Gitanga Rd.' and 'James Gichuru Rd.') Tel. +254-0-722-752865 / 0723-392014, E-mail; c_handschuh_68@yahoo.com

i was in kenya during the last election and the riots etc. u want to avoid it. contact above, they get overlanders staying over...mombasa has had incidents, Nairobi not yet....

i have many connections in nairobi, some of them bikers, if you get stuck they will help you. perhaps change your route to go through tanz instead of kenya if that makes sense? tanz, malawi, moz, zim, south....

Laurika

Thank you very much! I have dropped an email and await the response. Holding thumbs. We are planning to head through Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, Botswana and Namibia then through to SA.

I have been in contact with British EMbassy, and await their response.
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. I dont have this luxury.