Saw an accident happen today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXL

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Wife and kids in the car with me at an intersection in our neighborhood. Everyone had stopped and the robot had just turned red for us, but we had all stopped as there was emergency vehicle, red light and siren going, coming across from right to left across the intersection.
Then things went wrong very quickly. Some youngster on one of these Chinese scramblers decided he was going to jump the red robot....it all went in slow motion. I don't know if he thought everyone was waiting for him to go across, but he and his helmet-less pillion accelerated, only to see the emergency vehicle at the last minute. He climbed on brakes, but connected the rear bumper of the emergency vehicle and went down in the middle of the intersection. I just went ice cold.
They both stood up and the pillion, still wearing his cap, jumped up and limped off across the road, leaving the rider to pick up the now damaged bike with buckled front wheel to push it off the road by himself, hobbling as he did. 
They were both Ok, but this was a visual reminder of how quickly things can go horribly wrong.
It is also amazing how quickly I went from being concerned to wanting to give them a wake-up PK....but that is their folks job.
Please be careful out there. :ricky: