Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Any one been to Spain?  (Read 818 times)

Offline Dirtybill

• Puppy
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
Any one been to Spain?
« on: November 14, 2007, 10:08:16 am »
For me, it would be silly to try and ship my bike there but I do know of a place that will rent bikes daily or weekly, with or without a tour guide.  I think it's run by an ex-Pat Brit. 

From what I can see from the photos it's very much like the western canada, ie, Okanagan region, meaning dry and warm...........yahoo!

Offline redbikejohn

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
    • Redbikejohn
Re: Any one been to Spain?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 11:00:22 pm »
spain has loads of guided trail ridding companies. do you need web address?
www.redbikejohn.com check it out

Offline Dirtybill

• Puppy
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 10:15:49 pm »
Got one.

http://www.maximumbikes.com/forums/index2.php

bottom of the page.

Feel free to join our forum if ya want.  Members on there from around the world.

Offline Vaufi

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 07:07:30 pm »
In October I rode down to Andalucia to a bikers' meeting near Malaga.

Beautiful country, reminds me a bit of South Africa, at least climate-wise. More mountainous though. What I liked most was the Extremadura and Andalucia, although Galicia is very scenic as well.

Stick to the tiny back roads, the bigger roads are often rebuilt with EU funds, meaning they have straightened out all the nice curves  >:(

Eastern and north-eastern Portugalare just as lovely, but less developed.

Hans
Only when we pause to wonder
do we go beyond the limits of our little lives.
(Rod McKuen)

Offline chiefengineer

• Puppy
  • Bike: Triumph 1050 Tiger
    • Middle-Aged-Crisis-Club
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 05:27:31 pm »
Just blasted down to a place called Rio Gordo about 45mins inland from Malaga for my 40th birthday. I went all the way through from Bilbao and spent a week with my brother in law who lives there - also a biker. I have to say that the roads are just fabulous and whilst I can see that one commentator isn't too fond of the EU road upgrades I have to disagree to some extent. Whilst it's true to say that the new roads are non too interesting it's also true to say that the really old seriously bendy roads have been done as well. As my brother-in-law lives down there he has taken me to the places where the Spanish loonies ride and I have to say that I've never had so much fun or been as shit scared for years. There is one particular road which is nicknamed the Box Of Frogs - mad, mad, mad. I'll also add a couple of things however. I went down on a ZX10R and super smooth bendies are great 'cos you can gas it. The same road may not be so good on an adventure bike as needs are perhaps different. However there are loads of roads where an adventure bike is way better than a sport bike. I did a trip up to to a mountain top where the surface is like the moon - it's a world heritage site or similar but on my bike I was in agony because the road had more turns than a ball of string but the surface of a ploughed field. I was overtaken by kids on scooters who must have thought I was a complete tube .

Offline Vaufi

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 09:53:44 pm »
@ Dirtybill,

have you been there yet? Here are some pics. I finally managed to get them sorted  :laughing4:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Vaufi1947/AndalucA_200710
Only when we pause to wonder
do we go beyond the limits of our little lives.
(Rod McKuen)