AMID SHOW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrissie B

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X
As usual, what a treat to see all the new stuff, bikes and equipment.

I only managed to ride 3 bikes...

The New KTM 990:... WOW is all I can say. I totally loved it, the power is mind blowing and the handling was light and nippy, although it had fairly rough tyres it was great on the track, even with all those bends and corners. I think if I could afford it I would have one in my garage.
I never got to ride the 950 because it is way too high up for me, the 990 is a bit lower so I just managed to get my feet on the ground.

The BMW 1200GS: Also a good bike, easy to ride, good around the track, but not the same WOW factor as the KTM. I wonder what the difference would be off-road? But being a BMW you get all the support etc. which is also worth a lot.

The Honda VFR800: Just to remind me why I ride big traillies rather than road/super bikes... my wrists were uncomfortable after the first lap, my back ached straight away (I've fallen off too many horses.. yes real horses, I used to do show jumping as a hobby). I actually rode this bike slower than the other two, 'cos I was just too uncomfortable on it. But be that as it may, I do like the bike and maybe with different handle bars it would be a really nice tourer.

I still wanted to try out a few other bikes, but we ran out of time. Can't wait til next year...

:lol: