Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Toll gate skipping  (Read 5025 times)

Offline Sharingroads

• Bike: DKW (all models)
    • Sharing Roads
Re: Toll gate skipping
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2013, 02:40:23 pm »
I think this is a good plan, but I think if we arrange this on a Friday afternoon at the Stormvoel toll gate we will block the highway all the way to Jo burg!! That should have some effect!

I pay, always, and 2 things get to me.

1) When me and my wife ride next to each other, stop at the tollgate, and still have to pay for 2 cars.
2) And this gets me fuming, and turns me into an asshole.
I stop, take off glove, take cash out of pocket on sleeve, and then some asshole will start hooting.
Usually I then instruct the toll gate operator to pay me with coins. I will on purpose drop 2 or 3 coins, which means I have to get off, look around, take off other glove, count change slowly, look around more. (Granted this is not the fault off the toll gate owner or operator.)

So I will support a go slow. I will only pay for myself. I will have to stop safely and remove my gloves in order to pay. I will put on all gear properly before pulling off again. :pot:

Offline SlŠinte Mhaith

« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2013, 02:45:48 pm »
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 02:37:47 pm by SlŠinte Mhaith »

Offline Fugly

« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2013, 02:52:24 pm »
I think know of a F800 rider that doesn't like paying the Natures Valley toll. Seems to have clocked up 13 skips and credit is running at a few hundred rand now. Extra beers for the lucky rider and lots of giggles from the pillion.

I have even seen the poor attendants jump out of the booth and run after the culprit while screaming at the top of their voices.
It's a sight to see and music to the ears!

Best I ever heard was a plump lady shouting "HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!"

GF was laughing all the way to Plet ;D
Donít worry about things that arenít, worry about things that are and your decisions are so much easier to make!

Offline WAP

• Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2013, 03:12:32 pm »
A bit OT but how many of you guys pay for parking at the malls or centers ? Obviously if you can exit through the gap.

I pay toll always just wondering what the rest of you do with the parking tickets.

Offline Koet

• T-Rex 700N "The Beast"!
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Splash!
« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2013, 03:14:07 pm »
I use parking tickets to help light my braai fires at home.  Or I leave them on the booth that dispensed it.
Only Bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows.