Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Ashton National Enduro  (Read 457 times)

Offline landieman

Ashton National Enduro
« on: March 19, 2013, 07:28:27 pm »
Is anyone going? :peepwall:
don't worry about things you can't change,change the things you can.

Offline Fenderbender

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Robertson
Re: Ashton National Enduro
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 07:33:28 pm »
As dit n National Enduro is , dan sal daar seker baie mense wees .  :peepwall:

Offline Thunderlinde

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Bellville Breker
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 10:59:25 pm »
 :pot: waar word dit gehou?

KTM 950 Adv
Kawasaki KLR 650
Honda XL 125

Offline edgy

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 06:27:05 am »
Moontlik by Ashton? :biggrin:
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline Buff

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 09:14:57 am »
Would so love to race it but I'm too nervous I lack the talent required to complete one lap  :-[
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 09:29:47 am »
Would so love to race it but I'm too nervous I lack the talent required to complete one lap  :-[

Yes but imagine how much you will learn  ;D

I once attempted the Winterberg; it rained the whole weekend that year. The race was honestly my worst ever nightmare. It took me 8 hours to do my one and only lap. But even today, years later, I use the experience gained from those dreadful 8 hours.
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline Buff

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 09:52:55 am »
Yes but imagine how much you will learn  ;D

I once attempted the Winterberg; it rained the whole weekend that year. The race was honestly my worst ever nightmare. It took me 8 hours to do my one and only lap. But even today, years later, I use the experience gained from those dreadful 8 hours.

I believe there's a difference between learning and suffering and the two should seldom by combined, otherwise you simply learn to suffer  ;D

Truth be told, if I hadn't sold the KDX I would probably have given it a go but at the moment I've only got the WR450 in the stable and tackling it on that is simple insanity  :o.

If all goes according to plan, the Winterberg later in the year is going to be my maiden enduro race as well. Let's just hope the rain stays away  ;)
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Splash

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 02:13:46 pm »
Have a look at http://www.e-dirt.co.za/site/forum_posts.asp?TID=51507

LA MONT ASHTON  take the N1 from Cape Town,  pass through Worcester and follow the signs to Robertson, pass through Robertson and follow the R62 to Ashton,  at the end of Ashton turn (right) onto the R60 +- 10km turn left at La Mont, cheese factory/Deli.
S 3352'23.27'' E 2009'33.22''

Will be riding a KTM #E41 - if stuck please help!

Have bike, will ride.

Offline Reinhardt

• Puppy
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 09:30:28 pm »
Sien julle daar!! Ekt al baie al daar gery, en daar is niks wat onmoontlik is soos 'n helse step-up of iets dergliks, dis net in-your-face riverbeds, en off-cambers. Kry die off-camber verkeerd, en dan dit 'n baie lang, en baie moeilikke pad terug. Kannie waggie! Ek ry 362, so baie hulp nodig as julle my sien! Onthou net die R60 tussen Swellendam en Ashton is toe. Daars 'n klein pothole in die pad, en 4 Tippers, en paar escavators is in die gaatjie besig om te backfill die afgelope 4 maande.