Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Off to Mpumalanga and a bit of Swaziland  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Wayne Duck

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Freedom Behind Bars
Off to Mpumalanga and a bit of Swaziland
« on: March 21, 2013, 02:56:39 pm »
Greetings once again, I think this is my 5th or 6th ride report here, I hope that this gives you some motivation to get out there and enjoy!

A bit of a preamble -
Recently one of my good friends bought a Yamaha 660R, "to commute with to work". Now all of you know, when you've been riding plastics off-road all your life, your new "dual sport for commuting" will definitely not only be used for commuting! Very soon you'll want to see how it performs on a gravel road, then you'll try a bit of dirt twin-spoor tracks, and then, what the hell, let's take it properly off-road! And so it was that Brett let me know that it was time for him to join me on a little multi-day trip   ;D

Martin, on the other hand, surprised Brett and I by, out-of-the-blue, buying a brand new (demo) "baby blue" 800GS...he was going to join us! Martin has had road and dirt bikes in his past, but I honestly was worried about his ability to ride a heavy dual sport on gravel, sand, or worse. I made him buy and fit the essentials - barkbusters, crash bars and a bash plate, I did not want a small fall ending our trip at any stage. With these items fitted, and the 1000 km service just done, I took him on a quick 250 km loop through the farm roads of the North West...I was impressed, that 800GS was not going to intimidate him!

Now for the actual ride report -

Day one - Harties Dam to Dullstroom, via Cullinan, Loskop and Tontledoos, 350 km

We hit the Sunday morning breakfast run traffic (those revvy revvy, styf-gespan-in-their-leather-suits sooper baark riders...some nice bikes though!) to Cullinan where we had breakfast. Knowing that most of the other bikers were going to have to ride home that day while we had five days of riding ahead of us was a great feeling!
Out of Cullinan on the R513, then onto a dirt link to the D1241 to the R25. After a few k's we turned right to follow the gravel roads to near Loskop. After a refuel at Loskop it was down the N11 for a short distance then sharp left onto the gravel... I finally start to get the "out in the sticks" feeling on this great stretch of road!

By the condition of the road one could see that this area had some recent heavy rains. Nothing too drastic, but one had to watch for donga's and puddles. One of the bigger puddles...

As can be seen, I negotiated this slowly, not wanting to get too wet and muddy but also to show Martin how he should tackle this, his first mud puddle on his new bike. Well, as can be seen in the next few photos, I had not even had time to dismount and offer advice when Martin (actually at that stage I did not know if it was Martin or Brett, all I could see from the front was a wall of water!) hit the water with a "stink spoed"...(pics taken by Brett from the back obviously)

You will see above that I'm still dismounting, unaware of what is heading toward me!

When I do look back I see this almighty "bow wave". Well, he got through ok, but very very wet after all that water showered down onto him. He said he went fast because "there was no way I was going to get stuck in THAT"   :exclaim:

Then Brett's turn, nice and slow, not even getting his boots wet  :thumleft:

After a lazy afternoon stop for lunch at Tontledoos (The Cheese Shop) it was a short hop into Dullstroom where we spent the first night.

As you can see, I told them to pack light, and they did! Solo my 35L "big river" bag (that mustard thing on my seat) is plenty big enough for any length trip - a few changes of socks and underwear, my slip slops and toiletries. The little bag on the back is always there - has all my tyre repair stuff and weighs 3.3kg (my rims are sealed so tubeless). The tank bag is also a permanent feature...snacks and drinks, paperwork, camera, first aid kit and other odds.

In planning the route and stops I badly misjudged what our average speed would be, hence each day we arrived at our destination a bit too early in the afternoon. In my defense though, being the guys first adventure ride, I was thinking they'd be a lot slower. They surprised me! But, this did give us time to explore, discuss the day's riding, check the bikes over and, of course talk k_k over a few cold beverages before going to bed (very) early each evening   :thumleft:

...Day two next...
Links to my Ride Reports...
I have listed (with links) all my ride reports at the start of this ride report here:
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=121459.0

Offline Wayne Duck

• Race Dog
  • Freedom Behind Bars
Re: Off to Mpumalanga and a bit of Swaziland
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 05:10:56 pm »
Day two - Dullstroom to Bulembu, Swaziland via lots of lovely dirt roads  :biggrin:

After a leisurely breakfast at the Dullstroom Inn, where we spent the night we refueled and headed off down the R540 for a few kilometers, then turned left to follow dirt roads through to the N4. We turned west onto the N4 for a few kilometers then turned south again. This route takes you through some spectacular scenery and through the Doomkop Fish and Wildlife Reserve.

Now here I'm going to pause and ask you all to take note: The road through the reserve is a public one but is gated, so ask permission from the guard nice and politely, indicate that you only want to ride straight through, and then do so very slowly and quietly, please! There are lots of antelope, ostrich, giraffe, etc. plus great views so don't speed through. One day there will be some idiot/s that will loudly race through this and then all bike access will be banned, spoiling it for the rest of us. Okay, lecture done.

Some pictures along the way...

This brings you out onto the R38. Not wanting to cover the 28 km into Badplaas on tar we turned off (right) and followed this fast stretch of dirt that looped around and into Badplaas. Brett and I had a bit of high-speed fun along this section, nothing like the sound of the 990 at full song, revs rising and falling while scratching for grip along a dirt road!!

Because we had planned to braai this evening at Bulembu lodge, we stopped to stock up on the necessary at the Forever Resort supermarket and butchery in Badplaas. From there it was onto the R541 to Nhlazatshe (not a pretty place!) where we refueled. I purposefully refueled here, as close as we could to the border of Swaziland, because I wanted to do the 140km loop in Swaziland tomorrow without having to first go into Piggs Peak to refuel. I also did not want to have the weight of full tanks on this loop either.

The road up to Josefsdal / Bulembu border involves climbing up a very scenic, twisty pass, after a short stop on the bridge over the Komati River and a ride through the old abandoned mine village (the SA side of the abandoned Bulembu asbestos mine operations). There are workers tidying up the old club house and surrounds and we hear that there are plans to bring this place back to life again as a tourist destination, with golf course, similar to what has been done with the Bulembu mine village.

With the border formalities done, both SA and Swazi side have very polite and friendly officials, we get to the Bulembu Lodge. One of the big old self catering mine management houses is allocated to us and we offload and change into shorts and slip slops. We then ride (yes yes, ATGATT I know, but we only went putt putt in 2nd gear!) to the new Bulembu Museum.

It was really great for me to see this and read all about it...I lived and worked in Swaziland for three years in the late '80's and visited this mining town and area, which was still alive and operating then. Kind of weird reading about "history" that I personally had lived through...same goes for Lesotho, I lived there for five years and regularly went to watch the Katse dam being built. I stand on that massive dam wall today and look at all that water, thinking back to when I walked along the river bank that is now 120 meters under that water at the base of the wall! Sjoe, feeling old!  :eek7:

The longest aerial cable way in the world! From Bulembu to Barbeton in SA. The cable moved at 3.5km and hour carrying asbestos ore out and supplies for the town back in.

When inspections had to be done they hooked on one of these...must have been hectic in the wind, some of the spans between masts are over one hundred meters high!

The whole museum is very well set out, interesting and worth spending an hour or two reading about all the exhibits...all for just R20 per person going to a good cause.
Back to the house and (heard this somewhere on this site) "nou gaan ons braai"  :thumleft:

After some great food, a few drinks and lots of random rubbish spoken, we head for bed...a long, hot, day tomorrow, while sometimes being pushed out of the comfort zone!   :eek:
I have listed (with links) all my ride reports at the start of this ride report here:

Offline Wayne Duck

• Race Dog
  • Freedom Behind Bars
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 07:03:38 pm »
Day Three - Swazi loop though the forests and valleys in the Piggs Peak region

The morning greeted us with thick mist, but in the distance we could see blue sky so we knew that this would burn off soon.

Today's route I got from a ride report on this site...what an absolutely great days ride, thanks so much!

After breakfast at the lodge we stocked up on juice, water and snacks and set off down the road toward Piggs Peak. Today's loop was only 140 km, but I had little idea of what the conditions were like except that there were four "large" river crossings. By "large" I was not sure if that meant deep, long, strong current, big slippery rocks...or all of the above! After a few kilometers we turned left and into the forest plantations.

...and rolling hills and valleys,

...a few obstacles to ensure that you keep focused,

...but generally easy going,

Some man made obstacles, and lots of these little streams to cross (above)

...and then there it was, the first of the four (larger) river crossings! (below)

Yes, in this 1st crossing the rocks were soccer ball size and slippery but edging through slowly, not revving and riding the clutch too much, we were able to get through. I'm not saying that it was not energy sapping...it was very hot and humid in the bottom of that valley and we were losing a lot of body fluids, i.e. sweating like pigs!  :snorting:  but the water was cool and clean and we were having FUN!

With the first of the bigger crossings behind us, and Brett and Martin having managed very well, I was much relieved and felt a huge burdon of responsibility and worry leave my shoulders. The last thing that I wanted was for anything to happen to these two on their first ride with me, I would never be able to convince them to ride with me again!  :o

So onto crossing number two and or three (I've got these all mixed up!),

...and then the last, and deepest one,

After this last crossing the track wound up and out of the valley to the main tar road (MR1, from Piggs Peak to Jeppes Reef border in the north of Swaziland). We found a little shop with ice cold cold-drinks and did our little bit to support the economy of this area.

A short way north on the MR1 and we turned off (right) and were back into rolling hills, plantations and natural forests,

We came across this fire lookout tower and its friendly keeper, Samson. He very willing allowed us to climb up to the top, with him leading the way. He obviously does this climb a few times a day because he scampered up there effortlessly, while Brett and I laboured and wheezed our way to the top, slowly! My legs were fine, but my arms burned like hell  :eek7:
(Martin stayed on mother earth, good thing he did, now we have some pictures from both angles!)

All too soon we emerged onto the MR1 again, just north of Piggs Peak. We refueled the bikes and went in search of some meat and drink for our braai tonight. I'm not sure if it is because Brett and Martin have very high standards when it comes to the meat they eat or if they're just plain squeamish, but after three stops (I stayed outside to watch the bikes) they still had no meat! They said that what there was was just horrible (okay, so that was not the actual words that they used!). They bought bread and other stuff to make "braai broodtjies" instead, and a tin of baked beans...and brandy and beers to wash it all down!
From Piggs Peak the road to Bulembu is 18 km of scenic forestry plantations, but the big logging trucks churn the road into fine talcum powder like dust, not pleasant if you're caught behind one of these!

This loop of 140 km took as almost 8 hours. Obviously we took it easy, stopping often, but even if one had to push it a bit one would not knock off more than two hours. On a plastic it would be a different story, and very much fun!  :biggrin:

After our meat-free braai, and enough drinks to rehydrate our bodies, we called it a day and turned in for the night. Just magic!

Offline Wayne Duck

• Race Dog
  • Freedom Behind Bars
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 08:44:57 pm »
Day four - Bulembu to Sabie, via Louw's Creek, Kruger fence to Numbi Gate and Hazyview.

After a good breakfast at the Bulembu Lodge we settled the bill for the two night stay and were on our way. Another hassle free exit from Swaziland and entry into SA at the Josefsdal border then onto the tar road leading to Barberton. I'm not a fan of tar and used to enjoy this road a whole lot more when it was still dirt, but this twisty bit through the hills is still a lot of fun, dirt or tar!

At the turn off to Shylalongubodam, Brett and I said goodbye to Martin who had to get back to Jhb.

This dirt road past the dam to Louw's Creek is another gem, and the drop in altitude, down a pass with many switchbacks, into the low veld is spectacular.

It does not take long to get from Louw's Creek, across the N4, into the Matsulu township, and onto the Kruger Fence road. By now it was pretty damn hot, but this twin spoor along the fence is great. I saw some buck and two buffalo, Brett had a much sharper eye and also saw giraffe, elephant and a few other things I can't recall right now!

At one of the river crossings we saw this spoor, on the right of Brett's boot. Any idea what made it?

All to soon we were at Numbi gate, and into Hazyview where we had lunch. From Hazyview we took the D1035, the D514, the D1510 and the D779 to Sabie. This route was a great find, and a wonderful gravel alternative to the tar road between Hazyview and Sabie.

We found some "accommodation" at the Sabie Backpackers for that evening. I've stayed at many backpackers on my bike travels and there are some really great ones, and some rather yukky ones. This I'd class as one of the latter.

Day five - Sabie to home (Harties for Brett, 403km, and Sun City for me, 498km), via Tontledoos, Loskop, Cullinan.

The next morning the mist was thick in Sabie, but cleared as we rode along the Old Lydenburg road past Horseshoe Falls and up past the now deserted Long Tom Forest Station onto the R37 to Lydenburg for breakfast.

From there we routed home via Tontledoos, Loskop and Cullinan, trying to follow as much dirt as possible. At Zilikaatsnek (near Harties Dam) Brett and I said our goodbyes and I headed off into a very menacing looking storm, but as luck would have it I missed it completely! Talking about the weather, we had enjoyed a perfect five day window in which we rode, a bit of rain before and rain the following week after our return.

I got home and this is what my GPS said -

Total distance exactly 1555km! Time in the saddle (moving time) 24 hours, 59 minutes and 57 seconds...okay, close enough to call it 25 hours!
Stopped time, total time and total average are meaningless as I don't keep my GPS switched on every stop.

I see my max speed was 148 kmph, this was on that really terrific piece of dirt highway between the R33 and the N11 at Loskop - I think they call it the "De Wagendrift" road. I just could not resist   >:D

I'll post the route and other details soon. Thanks for reading!

Here are links to my other ride reports:

Zimbabwe May 2012
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=102344.0

Rides with my son / daughter – A short collection
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=104992.0

Lesotho/Eastern cape – My son’s first long ride
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=107046.0

A bit of Free State and Eastern Cape
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=117650.0

21 days through BotsNamZamZim two up May 2011
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=106761.0

Scooter ride around Sun City

…and then we got high! (21 passes through Eastern Cape and Lesotho)
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=125097.0

« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 06:19:17 pm by Wayne Duck »

Offline Wayne Duck

• Race Dog
  • Freedom Behind Bars
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 09:48:25 pm »
Attached our route plus the actual "Piggs Peak Loop" track.

Re. the little piece missing in the route up the Kruger fence...just follow the fence on your right and the railway line on your left until you get to the tar road at Numbi gate!

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 10:00:56 pm »
Lekker manne, thanks for sharing..

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Chrissie B

• Chrissie the Gypsy
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda NC750X
  • Still love my Twin
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 12:24:54 pm »

Looks like you had a great ride in my back yard.  I have done a few of those roads, was supposed to do the Kruger Park fence line again a couple of weekends ago, but the weather sucked so the ride was cancelled.

"The road up to Josefsdal / Bulembu border involves climbing up a very scenic, twisty pass, after a short stop on the bridge over the Komati River and a ride through the old abandoned mine village (the SA side of the abandoned Bulembu asbestos mine operations). There are workers tidying up the old club house and surrounds and we hear that there are plans to bring this place back to life again as a tourist destination, with golf course, similar to what has been done with the Bulembu mine village."

We often used to go to Msoli Mine/Diepgezet, but I have not been up there lately, so didn't know they are cleaning the place up!  Must go up there again one of these days.

I prefer doing most of this in winter, I'm not overly fond of mud puddles and water crossings!

Chrissie B.

Offline Wayne Duck

• Race Dog
  • Freedom Behind Bars
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 01:08:31 pm »
Thanks Chrissie B!

They seem really busy at Diepgezet...but that side of the mountain is not nearly as pretty as the Swazi side, much drier and hotter! But I hope they're successful.

Ha ha, yes, deep river crossings always raises the old heart rate a little!!

Wayne.

Offline stan1975

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • 33°35'35.71"S 24°40'26.84"E
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 07:13:08 pm »
Really good RR, ridden most of the roads, nice leopard print by the way....
Ride within yourself, think ahead... Plan your escape route & be safe.... Just remember no one else knows what your thinking until you tell them...

Offline Wayne Duck

• Race Dog
  • Freedom Behind Bars
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 07:32:23 pm »
A leopard, wow!
Thanks stan1975, Brett did say he thought it was one of the big cats  :)

Wayne

Offline aka.Goliath

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 01:40:16 am »
I have to ask as I want to do a trip just like this to Swaziland, what did you need to get through the boarder? I don't have a licence just my learners, will the suffice?
BMW 1150 GSA - 2004
KTM 690R - 2014
KTM 300 X-CW - 2012
KTM 530 EXC Rally - 2011 SOLD, KTM 690R - 2009 SOLD, BMW 1200GS 2009 SOLD

Offline Wayne Duck

• Race Dog
  • Freedom Behind Bars
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 12:42:45 pm »
Hello Aka.Goliath,

Simply answered I could, and would say that any licence would be ok...because no licence is requested during the process of getting through the border itself. Why would I say this?

At the border there are normally three types of government officials, some from Immigrations and some from Customs and some from the police force.

1) Immigrations check your passport...must be valid for at least six months after your planned exit of the country in question, it must have at least two empty (stamp free) pages. These are basically the rules but, besides being valid, the rest are very rarely applied in our neighbouring countries.
2) Customs officials concern themselves with exporting / importing of goods. By rule, your vehicle should be "temporarily imported", so the required papers need to be completed for this. However, Swaziland (and Lesotho) do not do this for SA registered vehicles, more especially if you're going to exit through the same border post that you came in at. You pay Customs R50 for a road use / insurance permit on entry, on which is written your vehicle's registration number.
3) Police officials (not traffic police!) mainly stand around keeping "law and order"! The SA police will, when you exit and re-enter SA, check for stolen vehicles. They record the vehicle's details (reg, make, model) but hardly ever ask for the licence papers. If they do they will also ask for your passport to check that it is you, the owner of the vehicle.

And that is it for the border, you are free to go. I have NEVER been asked for my drivers / riders licence at a border post (Swaziland, Lesotho, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique)

Once inside the country however you may come up to a road block and they will very likely ask for your drivers licence. I have always had a full licence so cannot answer if a learners is okay in Swaziland (see below re. learners in Lesotho).

Please let me add, before I get shot down from all the others on this forum, that this is MY experience. I am not saying that this is the rule / law, legislation, etc.
I lived and worked in Swaziland (3 yrs) Lesotho (5 yrs) and Namibia (5 yrs)...

Whilst living in Swaziland I commuted daily over the border between Nhlangano to Piet Retief to drop my then wife's child at school. She (now ex-wife) used to go collect her child from school in the afternoon. For a full year doing this she did not hold a vehicle licence at all (irresponsible I know, partly the reason why she is the Ex now!)

We did the same for five years between Maseru (Lesotho) and Ladybrand (she had a licence by then  ;) ) I also explored Lesotho during this time, travelling through every known border post, plus some "unknown" ones!

Whilst in Namibia I travelled by road to SA at least four times per year...either down to the Cape or across Botswana (Trans Kalahari). Never been asked for a drivers licence at any border.

I have ridden across Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique by bike, a few times, and never been asked for my riders licence at a border.

My son had his learners on the trip we did through Lesotho...ride report here...
In at Caledon, out at Ramatsiliso's Gate, in again at Tele Bridge and out at Caledon, and we were not asked for our licences at any border gate. We did get stopped at four road blocks inside Lesotho. The police / traffic police checked our licences and wished us a safe journey. I have to add, my son was riding a 250cc...at 17 years old anything bigger than a 125cc is illegal, even with a learners licence! (Yes, irresponsible of me I know, but doing a 2500 km trip on a 250cc was slow enough! Sorry)

At the end of the day, I'd say plan to get your full licence soon, one thing less to worry about!

Wayne D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:27:46 pm by Wayne Duck »

Offline aka.Goliath

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 01:12:43 pm »
Hello Aka.Goliath,

Simply answered I could, and would say that any licence would be ok...because no licence is requested during the process of getting through the border itself. Why would I say this?

At the border there are normally three types of government officials, some from Immigrations and some from Customs and some from the police force.

1) Immigrations check your passport...must be valid for at least six months after your planned exit of the country in question, it must have at least two empty (stamp free) pages. These are basically the rules but, besides being valid, the rest are very rarely applied in our neighbouring countries.
2) Customs officials concern themselves with exporting / importing of goods. By rule, your vehicle should be "temporarily imported", so the required papers need to be completed for this. However, Swaziland (and Lesotho) do not do this for SA registered vehicles, more especially if you're going to exit through the same border post that you came in at. You pay Customs R50 for a road use / insurance permit on entry, on which is written your vehicle's registration number.
3) Police officials (not traffic police!) mainly stand around keeping "law and order"! The SA police will, when you exit and re-enter SA, check for stolen vehicles. They record the vehicle's details (reg, make, model) but hardly ever ask for the licence papers. If they do they will also ask for your passport to check that it is you, the owner of the vehicle.

And that is it for the border, you are free to go. I have NEVER been asked for my drivers / riders licence at a border post (Swaziland, Lesotho, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique)

Once inside the country however you may come up to a road block and they will very likely ask for your drivers licence. I have always had a full licence so cannot answer if a learners is okay in Swaziland (see below re. learners in Lesotho).

Please let me add, before I get shot down from all the others on this forum, that this is MY experience. I am not saying that this is the rule / law, legislation, etc.
I lived and worked in Swaziland (3 yrs) Lesotho (5 yrs) and Namibia (5 yrs)...

Whilst living in Swaziland I commuted daily over the border between Nhlangano to Piet Retief to drop my then wife's child at school. She (now ex-wife) used to go collect her child from school in the afternoon. For a full year doing this she did not hold a vehicle licence at all (irresponsible I know, partly the reason why she is the Ex now!)

We did the same for five years between Maseru (Lesotho) and Ladybrand (she had a licence by then  ;) ) I also explored Lesotho during this time, travelling through every known border post, plus some "unknown" ones!

Whilst in Namibia I travelled by road to SA at least four times per year...either down to the Cape or across Botswana (Trans Kalahari). Never been asked for a drivers licence at any border.

I have ridden across Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique by bike, a few times, and never been asked for my riders licence at a border.

My son had his learners on the trip we did through Lesotho...ride report here...
In at Caledon, out at Ramatsiliso's Gate, in again at Tele Bridge and out at Caledon, and we were not asked for our licences at any border gate. We did get stopped at four road blocks inside Lesotho. The police / traffic police checked our licences and wished us a safe journey. I have to add, my son was riding a 250cc...at 17 years old anything bigger than a 125cc is illegal, even with a learners licence! (Yes, irresponsible of me I know, but doing a 2500 km trip on a 250cc was slow enough! Sorry)

At the end of the day, I'd say plan to get your full licence soon, one thing less to worry about!

Wayne.

Thanks, this really clears things up a bit. I still suspect that one needs a full license to drive/ride in another country, but in all likeliness would not have any problems if you didn't. Now just to get 4-6 days off to do this. I wonder if anyone can clear up what exactly the laws say about license in bordering countries.
BMW 1150 GSA - 2004
KTM 690R - 2014
KTM 300 X-CW - 2012
KTM 530 EXC Rally - 2011 SOLD, KTM 690R - 2009 SOLD, BMW 1200GS 2009 SOLD

Offline Pietcoke

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • "Wille Worcester Hond"
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 01:38:58 pm »
 :sip:
I don't know how to act my age.....I have never been this old before!

Offline Mooch

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 02:12:56 pm »
If in doubt, flat out.

Offline Bring It On

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 10:29:31 pm »
Wow....that was a lekker RR :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Some really lovely part of SA you guys rode though. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience :thumleft:
"Always Believe In Yourself"

Quote: "Riding a Bike feeds something inside us, that Nothing else can"
Quote: "I Ride because it can turn the Worst Day into the BEST"

Offline KTM Chris

• Puppy
  • This is how we ride ........
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 10:36:06 pm »
Nice one Wayne

As usual you get us all lekker Lus to ride

Many thanks
Chris
Director, Dad, Adventurer, Traveler, KTM loyalist , Lover of Great Food, Wine & Company .True Taurus - generally full of Bull.

KTM 990 ADV
KTM 950 SE
KTM 300 XCW

Offline COLES

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 07:39:08 am »
 awesome such a beautiful area     so much riding can be done there

change the beer 

Offline Mooch

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 12:07:06 pm »
Nice Ride!!!