held at gun point while trying to change a flat.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Python

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
So I  had an interesting evening.
went to drop my daughter at her friend in Paarl, on the way back I got a flat as I was going under the Kraaifontein bridge. I pulled off about 200m past the bridge.
I didn't know which tire so I didn't pull right into the dirt.
I unpacked the spare and got the jack and tire irons out. Drivers side rear was the problem kid.

I loosened the nuts and as I look up I see black dudes approaching. I thought here it comes.
they ask if I am ok and offer to help.
I tell them I am ok and have it under control,
they start walking off.
I go down to start cranking the jack and the next thing one of the guys comes round the corner of the car Browning hi power in hand (Gun). He jacks the slide and says something like "hey meneer"
I stood up quickly arms out and walked backwards into the traffic saying "what ,what, really?"
I was pointing at them and waving as if to attract attention, I glanced into the oncoming traffic and when I looked back they were running back to their car about 100m down the road.
I was trying to give myself space to draw my firearm as he was too close at the 1st encounter and I was down on one knee. But when I looked back there was no threat to shoot at.
I stepped after them with the fleeting thought firing a shot or 2 after them, but figured that would cause more kak than it was worth.
Needless to say that tire got changed meerkat style - popping up every grew seconds to see who else wanted to join in.
They didn't get anything, my phone and wallet were on me and there was nothing beside papers in the chubby hole. One of them had time to go through it.

I thanked God that I was alone when it happened. That it was me and not my wife.

I should have pulled into the right side emergency lane not crossed over to the left.
I should have stayed in a defensive position until I knew they were gone.

Falcon was very happy I made it even after I explained how much I am insured for, so that's a good thing.