Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The Pooratech Thread  (Read 308843 times)

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S3354.712 E01828.208
    • View Profile
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
Re: The Pooratech Thread
« Reply #2800 on: May 17, 2017, 08:56:01 am »
nice tip, Amsterdam  :thumleft:
Chris & Team 021 510 6455 S3354.712 E01828.208

MARINE DRIVE, into NEPTUNE street, 2nd left into SHROPSHIRE street, on the right hand side.
021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za sales@flyingbrick.co.za  support@flyingbrick.co.za
S3354.712 E01828.208

Offline Namakwalander

• Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: May 17, 2017, 09:59:51 am »
Hi guys

I have seen many different types of spot mounts on this thread, but thought I would add my own version.

Made from a u-bolt and purlin clamp and mounted on the handlebars (only available space I had). I also added some split open tube and a piece of rubber to protect the handle bars.

I plan to replace the purlin clamp with a piece of square tubing to hopefully make it look neater.

Offline eberhard

• Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: May 17, 2017, 01:11:53 pm »
"A simple alternative to the more fancy spring compression tools.  I change springs so seldom that it is not worth it buying a press."

Thanks for sharing. This is one I shall remember.
eberhard
Aggostini 1000
R90S
R80/7
R75/5 Big Boy 150 Vuka 110

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: May 19, 2017, 10:57:12 am »
Hi guys

I have seen many different types of spot mounts on this thread, but thought I would add my own version.

Made from a u-bolt and purlin clamp and mounted on the handlebars (only available space I had). I also added some split open tube and a piece of rubber to protect the handle bars.

I plan to replace the purlin clamp with a piece of square tubing to hopefully make it look neater.

A few years back - I created a post on mounting a ZUMO 660's RAM mount to the handlebars.......... I did not want to use the U-bolt as it damaged the handlebar - so found a Brass clamp, which when cut in half provided the perfect solution - holes and diameter match perfectly............

check it out.....
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline Namakwalander

• Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: May 19, 2017, 11:07:55 am »
Hi guys

A few years back - I created a post on mounting a ZUMO 660's RAM mount to the handlebars.......... I did not want to use the U-bolt as it damaged the handlebar - so found a Brass clamp, which when cut in half provided the perfect solution - holes and diameter match perfectly............

check it out.....

Hi Goose

I very much wanted to copy that idea of using the repair clamp, but I needed to extend the clamp somehow which is why I used the purlin clamp. I will try out that repair clamp mount for some other ideas I have for my Tornado sometime in the near future  :thumleft:

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: May 19, 2017, 11:51:14 am »
Hi guys

check it out.....

Hi Goose

I very much wanted to copy that idea of using the repair clamp, but I needed to extend the clamp somehow which is why I used the purlin clamp. I will try out that repair clamp mount for some other ideas I have for my Tornado sometime in the near future  :thumleft:

:thumleft: :thumleft:
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline EssBee

• View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: May 19, 2017, 02:09:05 pm »
That Goose patent clamp :biggrin: works like a bomb. Well.....mine did till my Zumo 660 became part of the Azanian wealth re-distribution programme. Now Big Dom's son will benefit from the Goose initiative!  :thumleft:

Online katana

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Sheer Smiling Pleasure
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: May 20, 2017, 02:17:35 pm »
I still have your other half of the clamp on my GS, Goose  :thumleft:
"The only man that has to remember anything, is the man who tells a lie" Mark Twain