Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: German Bikers need assistance.  (Read 4423 times)

Offline Just Blip It!

• Forum Vendor
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • www.adventureriderssa.co.za
Re: German Bikers need assistance.
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2013, 09:30:30 am »
Guys, we have R2000 in donations so far! Well done!
Riding Africa's lesser traveled tracks, discovering true adventure!
2007 KTM990 Adventure S
2012 KTM 990R Adventure.

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2013, 09:43:27 am »
Kom ouens,  dis nie eens 200 EURO nie  :peepwall:  gooi!

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2013, 02:44:50 pm »
Done 8)
When is this "Old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2013, 03:33:03 pm »
Done  ;)
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Ratt

• Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • An experiment in Artificial Stupidity...
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2013, 07:56:13 pm »
Afgehandel  :thumleft:
I'm not saying kill stupid people, I'm saying, remove the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

**072 596 1303 in Knysna if you have troubles**

Offline Draad

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2013, 08:49:00 am »
Carrots ....jou vark het jy gehelp  :pot:

Any WD in Joburg that I could rent to go moer Carrots  :3some:
Sies jou VARK !!

Offline Ratt

• Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • An experiment in Artificial Stupidity...
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2013, 08:58:37 am »
I'm no German spy or anything, but I think she mentioned us in their blog. Don't understand much though.
I'm not saying kill stupid people, I'm saying, remove the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

**072 596 1303 in Knysna if you have troubles**

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2013, 08:59:24 am »
I'm no German spy or anything, but I think she mentioned us in their blog. Don't understand much though.

Google translate is your friend 8)

Offline lonerider

• aka Jason
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Stellenbosch super-sluiper
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2013, 09:05:49 am »
http://www.marcoundsylvia.blogspot.de/2013/04/stinki-goes-home.html
Stinki goes Home
Knapp 5 Tage nach dem Unfall konnten wir mit Hilfe unserer Freunde Toni und Darlene, sowie einem Motorrad-Internet-Forums, den Wild Dogs, (http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?action=help) ZA, vieles organisieren.
Marc, ein Mitglied der Wild Dogs, hatte ein Fotos meiner BMW ins Forum gestellt. Darauf hin haben sich viele bereit erklärt zu helfen. Unter anderen auch Rainer und Ben. Beide sind im Transportgeschäft tätig und organisieren gemeinsam den Transport von JoBurg nach Walvis Bay. Und dann ist da noch Sharron, sie holt das Krad am Samstag hier in Nelspruit ab und bringt es samt dem Campingstuff nach JoBurg! Vielen Dank an alle Beteiligte, vielen Dank für die Spenden, um den Transport so günstig wie möglich zu machen. Es ist wirklich unglaublich was diese Leute aus dem Motorrad Forum auf die Beine stellen. Und dabei sind wir den wenigsten bisher persönlich begegnet.
Danke auch an George, Arina und Pete, ohne deren Hilfe hätten wir vermutlich kein Equipment, denn während Marco mich versorgt hat, haben die ersten schon am Krad nach brauchbaren Dingen gesucht!! War eben ne Scheiß Gegend!
Bisher läuft dank der Hilfe von vielen alles Super!!
Auch ja und zuletzt großen Dank an unsere Homebasis Dirk und Addy!!! Die beiden haben uns einiges abgenommen!
Nicht zu Letzt einen Teil der KHS Rechnung!
Nicht danken möchte ich der Tante vom ADAC!! Die hat sich wirklich Unkompetent benommen und uns viele Nerven im und am Krankenbett gekostet!
Jetzt muss nur noch mein rechter Arm wieder heilen, derzeit ist alles dick geschwollen und ich kann noch nicht alle Finger bewegen. Dennoch bin ich trotz meiner Ungeduld guter Dinge! Am 10. ist der nächste und entscheidende Arzttermin!

translated to English by Herr Google:
Almost 5 days after the accident, we were able with the help of our friends Toni and Darlene, and a motorcycle internet forum, the wild dog, (http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?action=help organize) ZA, much more.
Marc, a member of the Wild Dogs, a BMW had my photos on the forum. Points out, many have agreed to help. Among other well Rainer and Ben. Both are in the transportation business and organize work together. Transporting JoBurg to Walvis Bay And then there's Sharron, she brings the motorcycle on Saturday here in Nelspruit, and brings it together with the camping stuff after JoBurg! Thanks to everyone involved, thank you for the donations to make the transport as low as possible. It really is incredible what these people make from the motorcycle forum on the legs. And we are the fewest ever met personally.
Thanks also to George, Arina and Pete, without whose help we would probably have no equipment, because while Marco has provided me, have been looking at the first motorcycle for useful things! Was just a fucking around!
Until now runs with the help of many super everything!
Even so, and finally a big thank you to our home base Dirk and Addy! The two have taken us a lot!
Not to last part of the KHS bill!
thank I wish not to the aunt by ADAC! Which has really behaved incompetent and cost us a lot of nerves in and at the bedside!
All that remains is my right arm heal, currently is all swollen and I still can not move all the fingers. However, I'm in good spirits despite my impatience! On 10 is the next and crucial doctor's appointment!

(Edit: Maybe someone with better translating skills can tidy it up a bit! ;D)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:07:29 am by lonerider »
[snip]
I do not think that dying is a good idea.
Living doing something that you love is a good idea.
Living until you die is a good idea. If living happens to kill you it means you made a mistake, but we are human, and humans make mistakes, so go for it, enjoy it, live until you die, rather than not living for your whole life.

Offline ThomTom

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2013, 10:56:32 am »
fo#%&n taxi, the worst in some people bring in the best in others, well done dogs, pledge support,

Looking at the bike and reading what happened, it could have beign a lot worse! Happy riding germans,  :ricky:

Marco and Sylvia, Hakuna Matata now, and enjoy South Africa again, and look after yourselves, if you are in Josie, me casa es su casa.

Offline Marcoundsylvia

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2013, 11:39:43 am »
fo#%&n taxi, the worst in some people bring in the best in others, well done dogs, pledge support,

Looking at the bike and reading what happened, it could have beign a lot worse! Happy riding germans,  :ricky:

Marco and Sylvia, Hakuna Matata now, and enjoy South Africa again, and look after yourselves, if you are in Josie, me casa es su casa.

Hello Wild Dogs,
My written english is the best, but i would like to give u a short message from me and Marco.
At first, thank you so much for your help, if there is any place to break my arm, i think here is perfekt.
Now, one week after, i am feeling much better. Most of the pain is gone.
We knew about the special driving taktik, our special friends, the taxi driver! That, why we tryed to drive carefully. But no chance when you realize it 15 Meters bevor accident. My only thinking bevor crash was, i hope i am hurting myself not so bad. 😄😄😄 And thats it! I had a lot of luck and that is reasen we want to finish the journey!!! Now. We are able to finish and that is because, the Wild Dogs are a realy helpfull Family!!! Thanks to everybody so much!!! When ever u vistit Germany, mi casa is sous casa!
Thank you!!!!

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2013, 11:43:17 am »
 ;D

glad we could be of assistance, hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly...

:thumleft:
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2013, 11:43:46 am »

Hello Wild Dogs,
My written english is the best, but i would like to give u a short message from me and Marco.
At first, thank you so much for your help, if there is any place to break my arm, i think here is perfekt.
Now, one week after, i am feeling much better. Most of the pain is gone.
We knew about the special driving taktik, our special friends, the taxi driver! That, why we tryed to drive carefully. But no chance when you realize it 15 Meters bevor accident. My only thinking bevor crash was, i hope i am hurting myself not so bad.  And thats it! I had a lot of luck and that is reasen we want to finish the journey!!! Now. We are able to finish and that is because, the Wild Dogs are a realy helpfull Family!!! Thanks to everybody so much!!! When ever u vistit Germany, mi casa is sous casa!
Thank you!!!!

:thumleft: hope you enjoy the rest of the trip, I know Germany quite well, from a business perspective less than a touring perspective.  ;D

Offline Cave Girl

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2013, 01:05:04 pm »
Bike loaded and on its way to JHB. A b1tch to load with broken front fork. What a fantastic couple with an amazing outlook on life and vibrant personalities! Was great meeting them!
Like a Bat .... have a unique vision to search SUCCESS in the DARK -

Offline Just Blip It!

• Forum Vendor
  • www.adventureriderssa.co.za
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2013, 04:17:26 pm »
Marco and Sylvia, thanks for your message, it has been a pleasure for us all to help you guys, we only wish you the best for the remainder of your African trip, safe riding. See you on Tuesday night!

Riding Africa's lesser traveled tracks, discovering true adventure!
2007 KTM990 Adventure S
2012 KTM 990R Adventure.

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2013, 07:44:08 pm »
Enjoy the rest of the trip and many safe miles.

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline EssBee

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2013, 08:22:40 pm »
@ Marco und Sylvia....gute reise und gute beserung! Machts gut! :thumleft:

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2013, 08:48:32 pm »
Well done Dogs!!! :hello2:

Marco and Sylvia - We wish you a speedy recovery and good finish to your trip! :thumleft: :ricky:

Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Swart Gevaar

« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2013, 08:16:17 am »
Ok, so I am assuming that you are dealing with Ben regarding the couriering between JHB and Walvis Bay...?
You know you've landed with the wheels up when it takes full power to taxi to the ramp.