Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Devastated  (Read 15603 times)

Offline EssBee

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: Devastated
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2013, 09:55:13 am »
R.I.P. Klomper!

Heartfelt condolences to family and friends.

Online DR BIG 750

« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2013, 10:10:37 am »
RIP
very sad few weeks of biking lately
twin shox, twin drum air cooled

Offline SmuGS

• A very quiet
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • 100 048 km.
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2013, 10:32:23 am »
Deepest condolences, strongs to friends and family.. :(
Nee wat vlekkelose ek kuier op my lekkerste tussen die rokers,dronkgatte,vloekers,hoere en ander sondaars  :imaposer:
R1150gs,  KLE 500, XT660R.

Offline Pavlovski

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • www.jamiezone.co.za FOR ALL YOUR WRTH PRODUCTS
    • www.jamiezone.co.za
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2013, 10:40:20 am »
R.I.P. & strongs to the loved ones :-[

Currently owns: BMW R1200R & Honda CX500

Previously owned: BMW R1150GS, BMW G650GS, BMW R1150R, Suzuki SV1000, Suzuki DL650 V-strom, Hyosung GT250, BMW F800ST, BMW K1200S, Harley XL1200 Sportster Custom, SYM 125 Scooter, BMW G650 X-Country

Offline Raka

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Die Dominee
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2013, 11:06:00 am »
Rus in Gods vrede, en vrede toegebid vir al sy naasbestaandes.

Offline Herman24

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2013, 01:46:53 pm »
Ek sit en staar al vir hierdie thread vir 2 dae, en weet nie wat om te se nie. Ek wil dit nog nie glo nie maar dit lyk my dis actually besig om te gebeur. Ek gaan in ingels tik sodat almal kan verstaan wat ek te se het van Henk. Al weet ek nie wat om te se nie..

Alot of what i am going to write are just my experiences with henk, i dont know what else to say but i must type somthing here for him.

This is such a tragic loss and a massive disservice was done to the wilddog community and all other people out there, that they never got a chance to meet Henk. Die mooiste mens....

I met Henk when i was 9 years old - 20 years ago -  when he moved from Umanzimtoti to cape town and joined our primary school. We were friends since then. Many of my first experiences in life was with henk, almost all my memories contain henk. In std 8 Henk got a Suzuki RGT 125 and his love for biking was cemented from then on, he taught me to ride on his RGt and a few months later i got my own RGT 125. We used make so much kak ons those bikes. Throughout school henk grew up to be such an amazing human being. The biggest and softest heart, friends with every tom, dick and harry. He loved people and they loved him in return. He also met his wife, Anje in high school - on that later. Henk went on to stellenbosch and just spread like a virus through that town, making many more friends. I lived in Cape Town, he in sbosch, but we always made plans to see each other as regularly as possible.

When he finished studying he bought ATTIE - the african twin. He loved that bike. He then discovered wilddog's and introduced me to it. I joined in 2009 - i was working to pay for my masters degree and could not afford a bike but henk was constantly badgering me to buy a bike so that we can ride africa. I was bombarded with links to MetalJocky ride reports and bargains for sale on wilddog.

He moved to JHB soon after and about a year later i moved to pretoria. I knew nobody up here and he took so much time to make my move more confortable - i didnt own a car so he would pick my girlfriend up form the airport when she visited and bring her to me, just to come fetch her again when she left. He always just wanted to help, everybody.

For the last 4 years we spoke daily, about everything. Every decision was made with the advice of the other. He spent a month in switzerland recently, and even then we spoke everyday. More recently we spoke about Superdave, and how terrible it must be for those around him, we especially spoke about Carrots and the hard time he was having. (sorry i dont know carrots, or didnt know Superdave) but that thread really got to us both. And less than a month later i sit here, in the same position, having to type this.

He also spoke about that its maybe time to hang up his helmet because he would never want to do this to his wife or friends, she would have never alowed it though. He was so amped to start a family, and if anybody was equiped to bring decent human beings into this world, it was henk and Anje.

When i got my F8, our thousends of unproductive hours on skype at work came to a realisation and we had the world at our feet. On our first ride he rode 1000km's in one go just to meet me at Ficksburg. We shared the same idea about biking, it was about cutting loose and getting lost.

Henk moved back to cape town mid last year to embark on an amazing new opportunity. He was so frustrated that all his riding buddies were up here and he just got his new 990 and was so excited to show it off. He convinced me to ride my bike down in Dec so that we can go and ride. I did it, drove down just for one daytrip we did together in the cederbergs. It was awesome.

I can rant forever about the things we did together and how amazing he was but the one my heart truelly goes out to in this time is Henk's beautifull wife, Anje. Gasman spoke about their love, it was something to be witnessed and cannot be described. They were highschool sweethearts and the deal was sealed the first time Henk saw her. He lived for her, and she for him. Two of the most beautifull people to have EVER graced this earth. They just moved into a new place in the City, as they always wanted to. They were just beautiful together. The possibilities for those two were endless. Anje, i am so so sorry....

The last thing henk said to me before the accident on wednesday was "lekker lag ek nou weer vir daai cloudgazer bra se avatar". To repeat what gasman said, henk was always smiling, laughing, or making other people laugh. Just the kindest soul.

I dont know what to say anymore. I want to say so much, because he made such a huge impact on so many lives in his short time. I lost my best friend on wednesday. I would turn to him in situations like this to find advice, support and clarity. My one friend sent me a message saying ""The melancholy realisation of advancing years is that one cannot make old friends". He was my oldest friend, my best friend and my brother.

Henk i will mis you dearly, everyday for the rest of my life. The beautiful memories you left us with will guide your family and friends through this time. I hope to see you again.

Below a picture of henk and his wife, and our last ride and our swazi trip. Henk's funeral for those who knew him will be Tuesday, 9th at 3 pm at the stellenberg church.

DirtRebel, Gasman, BigL, matiespero, Rake die ondiertjie, Oats - sterkte

Die mooiste mens

Rus in vrede vriend.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:30:54 am by Herman24 »

Offline Lear300

« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2013, 01:56:18 pm »
so Sad.

So sorry for your loss. I have no words :'( :'(

Online Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2013, 02:01:49 pm »
Mooi huldeblyk Herman  :thumleft:  :'(

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Grey hound
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2013, 02:16:08 pm »
Mooi huldeblyk Herman  :thumleft:  :'(

Indeed!

Shocked to read this now - tragedy that someone in his prime, who was obviously much loved by his wife, family, friends and fellow forum members , could be ripped from our lives so quickly.

Jenni & my most sincere and heartfelt condolences to all
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline DirtRebell

• Grey hound
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2013, 02:21:35 pm »
Gary en Jankel, fokkit, nou het ek weer van voor af trane in my o. Thanks vir die goeie en eerlike tributes oor Henk.

Hulle s mos altyd die beste mense is die wat reeds oorlede is. Hulle word mos dikwels besing in 'n tyd soos die. Wel nie in Henk se geval nie. Soos julle hom beskryf het is soos hy was. Nooit sleg van iemand gepraat nie. Kon met enige iemand 'n vriendskap aanknoop. Kon hom bel whenever as ek hulp nodig gehad het.

Die wreld is 'n slegter plek sonder my neef Henk. Nou regret ek elke ride wat ons nie gedoen het nie. Nie Swaziland toe nie, Lesotho toe nie.  :'(  Ons kon wel 'n paar runs saamdoen en het 2 jaar terug die trip tussen CT en Jhb saam aangepak. Memories wat ek vir altyd sal koester. So ook Schwabinger se bier en pizza wat altyd 'n wenner was.

Dit val my nou by, hy was so hele paar jaar terug ook in 'n erge ongeluk in Lesotho betrokke waartydens 'n 4x4 agteroor gerol het en hy ook amper dood is. Uitgevlieg Bloemfontein toe en wonderbaarlik weer herstel het.

Nie dat Henk altyd op die edge geleef het nie. Maar hy het waaragtig seker gemaak dat hy en die mense rondom hom altyd in was vir 'n ride.

Hy en Anje en sy gesin was closer as baie families. En nou dit. Henk was inderdaad op so 'n goeie plek in sy lewe.

Ek gaan vanmiddag by sy ouers draai en sal hulle vertel van die Wilddogs se beste wense.

Rus sag en in vrede Cuz. Jy sal altyd gemis word en Anje het in jou en haar families great mense wat mooi na haar sal kyk.

:'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 03:08:54 pm by DirtRebell »

Offline Myrtle

« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2013, 02:27:33 pm »
My condolences ........ RIP
There's a race of men that don't fit in, A race that can't stay still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will.
They range the field and they rove the flood, And they climb the mountain's crest; Theirs is the curse of the gypsy blood, And they don't know how to rest.                                                   Robert Service

Offline XXL

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Piaggio (all models)
  • I am Blessed
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2013, 03:21:18 pm »
RIP young man. H24, thanks for sharing that. I sit here choked up, even though I dont know any of you. Shyte!! :'(

Offline Oats Heunis

« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2013, 03:23:57 pm »
Ja Klompers,

Ek dink ook nou al vir twee volle dae aan jou.

Alles wat Jankel, Gary, GJ en almal gese het.

Ek dink maar aan al die goeie tye en hoe ek en Retief altyf met jou, Jankel en Gary gespot het om open face helmets te kry sodat ons nie elke half uur hoe te stop vir n entjie nie.

Ek dink aan hoe jy op jou stoel amper agter oor val van al die lag vir Jankel se "Anglisizms", "Got it in it" en vir daai Ozzy dude se baseball bat effort.

Ek dink aan hoe ons by Mr. Greenwoods daai pap uit die pot uit geeet het want Louis se hoender vat te lank.

Ek het daai GoPro video's weer gekyk waar jy die Goose se oor draai.

Daars te veel dinge.

Ons gaan jou almal baie baie mis Henk.

Moibly my maat.

Offline Herman24

• Race Dog
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2013, 03:36:55 pm »
"Ek dink aan hoe jy op jou stoel amper agter oor val van al die lag vir Jankel se "Anglisizms", "Got it in it" en vir daai Ozzy dude se baseball bat effort."

Jis dit was die snaakste aand ooit daai Oats.

Die pic wat Gary gepost het sal ek weer post net om daai aand weer te onthou.

Offline Pietcoke

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • "Wille Worcester Hond"
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2013, 03:41:40 pm »
Dit is inderdaad baie hartseer nuus. Ek het Henk se AT gekoop begin van 2012. Ek het hom uit die aard van die saak nooit ontmoet in persoon nie, maar baie tyd op die foon spandeer. Ek het ook oor die Paasnaweek vir hom n PM gestuur omdat ek onlangs uitgevind het dat hy n KTM gekoop het. Ek het nog nie n antwoord ontvang nie, want ek het aangeneem hy is dalk weg vir die Paasnaweek.

Al my simpatie en mede leie aan sy hele gesin en familie vir julle verlies.
RIV ou maat!

Herman dis 'n pragtige "Tribute"

Ek het destyds toestemming by Henk gekry om die naam te hou, want ek het gedink dis baie toepaslik. Attie sal hopenlik nog baie jare in ons midde wees. Baie sterkte vir almal wat na aan Henk geleef het. Ons dra jul op in ons gebede.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 03:43:45 pm by Pietcoke »
I don't know how to act my age.....I have never been this old before!

Offline Kamanya

• Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Andrew to everyone
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2013, 09:06:35 pm »
I don't think I met you, but after reading these fine words, I wish I had.
I wonder where that gravel road goes? And that, has usually made all the difference. (Apologies to Mr Frost)

You want to have a stable Picture & Video host?

https://secure.smugmug.com/signup.mg?Coupon=7ovFBQhdrwnZw

Offline Herman24

• Race Dog
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2013, 11:23:25 am »
Dis great Piet,

Hy was baie lief vir Attie en jy kan daai naam met trots dra. Wys vir Attite die myle wat Henk sou wou.

Veilige myle
 :ricky:

Offline Mooch

« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2013, 11:43:48 am »
Aai, RIP and Condolences those close.
If in doubt, flat out.

Offline CRUISER CRAZY

• Race Dog
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2013, 11:59:35 am »
Slegte nuus,en die beste van alles.....lyk my hy kon bike ry.....was nie n newbie nie....sterkte
Kawasaki KDX 200 Sold
Yamaha 225  3wheeler Sold
Honda XR 200 Sold
Suzuki DF 200 Sold
Kawasaki KLR 650 Sold Bombardier Outlander 400 4x4 Sold Bombardier Outlander 800 4x4 Sold Suzuki LT 80 Yamaha XTZ 125 BMW R1200 GS  For sale KTM 990 Adventure    SOLD

Offline ZAR

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2013, 06:11:17 pm »

RIP.  :'(

Sterkte aan almal wat agterbly.   :-\
When injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty!

A dubious plan decisively executed is more likely to succeed than a very good plan tentatively executed.

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary.  To one without faith, no explanation is possible.               - Thomas Aquinas (1225 1274) -  2013 -  Suzuki DL650 2007; 2012-2013 Suzuki DL1000 2009 Crashed; 2009-2012 Suzuki DL650 2006 Sold; 2009-2012 PGO G-MAX 125cc 2009 Sold; 1990-1990 Suzuki GSX750 1982 Sold; 1988-1991 Suzuki RG50F