Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Wilddog Sticker Announcement  (Read 11924 times)

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
Wilddog Sticker Announcement
« on: April 15, 2013, 01:03:01 pm »
Hi Guys

Since WD stickers are now available here http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?board=28.0 - I urge everyone to please buy the official stickers from the official suppliers.  Please don't rip our brand off by making counterfeit stickers.  The official WD stickers now have our URL on which is a registered trademark.

We have limited ways of funding this forum of which the WD stickers are an important source of income.  It is entirely build on our brand.  We don't ask membership fees and only get income through advertising and branded merchandise.

Please report anyone selling counterfeit WD stickers and other merchandise directly to me via PM or email.  I guarantee confidentiality.  Trading in counterfeit WD items will lead to an immediate permanent ban.

Fair enough?

Kilroy 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:04:50 pm by KiLRoy »

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
Re: Wilddog Sticker Announcement
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 01:08:01 pm »
Just one question KR, will counterfeit WD stickers be the ones with some type  WD Logo and URL or any standard universal paw sticker?

(Obviously excluding commercially available stickers)
Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 01:18:16 pm »
Any rip-off of the paw on a d/s bike I view as counterfeit.  I have no way of registering a paw as a trademark, nobody has.  fact is that this forum started off using and are associated with d/s and a paw.  This mean, even if I can't litigate - paws on a d/s bike constitute a counterfeit sticker.  Lets not beat around the bush, before this forum a paw was not associated with d/s riding.

So even if I can't litigate for using generic paws (obviously I can for our URL and name on stickers), I can still ban the person permanently.  My irk is not with the individual who made himself a paw sticker for his bike (since our distribution sucked at the time), but with the oke using my brand and captured market to enrich himself by offering these counterfeit stickers for sale without any consent.  I will appreciate people informing me of such individuals in order to monitor going forward.

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 01:21:55 pm »
Thanks  :thumleft: just wanted to be clear, as I have a few paws on my vehicles, generic ones, obtained over time when available from commercial (normal printing shops).

Will replace them in time with official WD ones, now that they are available.

:thumleft:

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

Offline Sparky

• a darkside
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 01:47:13 pm »
Does this include the reflective paw stickers bought from a vendor?
"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 02:07:38 pm »
reflective stickers bought from the official sticker distributors are fine (no URL on them).  A vendor is not an official sticker distributor though. Some are, some aren't.  From who did you buy it?

Offline luv2ride

• Strand brak
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Strand brak
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 02:17:09 pm »
Who are the vendors in Gauteng ( more specifically Pretoria) that actually now have stock?

BMW S1000XR and BMW R1200R
BMW F800GS - sold, Honda NC700X -Sold; BMW1150GSA -sold
BMW F650 twin - sold
BMW F800ST - in bike heaven Kawasaki KLR 650 - sold Kawasaki ER6F -sold Yamaha FZ6 - sold BMW 1200GS - sold BMW 650 Dakar - sold Yamaha XJ750 - stolen Honda MT5 - given away as scrap

Offline Orangeswifty

• Please proceed to suck my
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Ousted Rebel Alpha Male
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 04:04:53 pm »
It's fine to ask the wilddogs not to rip off the forum
Can we also have some sort of say in the forum ripping off the wilddogs?
Seeing that without the wilddogs on the forum, there is no forum...............................................
I'l be the first one to admit that i had reflective stickers printed for own use and also gave some away to my friends.
The reason for this is that there just were never any wilddog stickers available at the official distributors so i decided WTF!!!

Coming back to the second sentence in my remark.
Jules were printing 55 x 60 official personalised leave behind stickers and were going to sell them to us ( as an official distributor of the new paws, at R250.00 per 50
Now we hear that the royalty required by the wilddogs will be R5 per sticker, effectively increasing the price per sticker to R9 each or R450 for 50
Never mind rip off - more like rape! ::) :'(
If its going to cost that much to get the wilddog brand out there i would rather pass.

R10 or R15 - hell even R20 for a single bigger sticker in whatever form is acceptable
You can only put so many on your helmet, bike, kit, luggage etc........

Suggestion: Less royalty per leave behind sticker makes it affordable for the end user thus promoting use and ongoing reprint

Just my 2 c
Use it.........don't use it :thumleft:
We are blessed to share the biking fraternity together!
Do it now - tomorrow you are dead!
Real friends value loyalty regardless!

Offline Phula

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • bibamus, moriendum est
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 04:28:19 pm »
Interesting.....I would like to see the outcome on this topic......
Current Bikes :  KTM 1190 R
                        KTM 990 R (sold)
                        KTM 950 SE (sold...and still kick my own arse)
                        KTM 690 R (Sold)
                        KTM 300 XC-W (Sold)

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 04:38:46 pm »
Bear in mind a copyright lawyer could sue the bike from under you if WD decided to be nasty about the wholesale copying of the paw. They are being nice folks, R5 per copy is not exorbitant at all. :deal:

Offline Orangeswifty

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 04:45:48 pm »
Bear in mind a copyright lawyer could sue the bike from under you if WD decided to be nasty about the wholesale copying of the paw. They are being nice folks, R5 per copy is not exorbitant at all. :deal:
Nobody said anything about wholesale copying Rob
We want to buy the stuff
The price for the specific line of sticker is just rediculous
......................................and as for the copyright lawyer - he's going to have a tough time proving that i contravened any copyright law without the wilddog webaddress on the decal.
Anyone can download those things off the web anywhere and reprint
I like to be kissed before i'm fucked!

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 05:05:28 pm »
How much do you pay for a KTM sticker? How much do you pay for a Nike cap. The brand is all we have to generate income.  We dont ask membership fees, we ask a royalty of R5 on a sticker. I know you can go and make a sticker for much cheaper, thats not the point. The point is the paw and url is our brand and has a value.  Must i now go and defend my price.  Everyone on WDs seems to be running a business, am I also allowed to run a business and establish my prices? 

How many sticker do a person buy? 10, 20?  So is R50 or R100 to much to pay to the forum to run its business?

Can i now go and discuss your business's pricing as well and publicly claim you are ripping us off?  We are trying to get our ducks in a row to start running WDs more professionally. Our brand is one of the few ways to generate income, it has a value as your KTM tshirt and cap has. We expect our brand not to get ripped off, as do all other businesses.  We ask a royalty of R5 per sticker, we also have profit margins on our other merchandise.  As in a capitalist system market forces will determine if we are reasonable ito pricing.  Some okes seems happy to score from the forum but are up in arms when they have to pay farking R5 royalty on a branded sticker. 

Again, what do you pay for a KTM / BMW / Rough Rider or whatever branded sticker if you are not ripping it off?

Offline da PEEG

• "So far, everything that has surprised me has been completely unexpected."
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 05:13:34 pm »
PING Adventure...

Do you have any (small)white reflective 'official" paw WD stickers please?

Been trying to get these for over 2-years now(couldn't even buy any from KiLRoy's son at the NW-Bash recently) - getting desperate and frustrated.  I WANT to buy "the correct" one but can't get hold of any, I've tried Schlowy/Just-Bike-n-Tyre/and many more vendors.   

Adventure:
If you can't help me, vendors, where can I get these please?
BMW R1150GSA(Sidecar);  Yamaha XT660R

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 05:16:38 pm »
PING Adventure...

Been trying to get these for over 2-years now(couldn't even buy any from KiLRoy's son at the NW-Bash recently) - getting desperate and frustrated.  I WANT to buy "the correct" one but can't get hold of any, I've tried Schlowy/Just-Bike-n-Tyre/and many more vendors.   

Adventure:

Who's Adventure? Can't be me, I'm AdventureR.... :deal: :biggrin:
No, I don't have any small ones......at least I don't think so, will check later.....but tell me, where do you want to stick them? :pot: :biggrin:
Your bike back and ready for Nam yet? :peepwall: :biggrin:
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline Orangeswifty

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 05:18:09 pm »
How much do you pay for a KTM sticker? How much do you pay for a Nike cap. The brand is all we have to generate income.  We dont ask membership fees, we ask a royalty of R5 on a sticker. I know you can go and make a sticker for much cheaper, thats not the point. The point is the paw and url is our brand and has a value.  Must i now go and defend my price.  Everyone on WDs seems to be running a business, am I also allowed to run a business and establish my prices? 

How many sticker do a person buy? 10, 20?  So is R50 or R100 to much to pay to the forum to run its business?

Can i now go and discuss your business's pricing as well and publicly claim you are ripping us off?  We are trying to get our ducks in a row to start running WDs more professionally. Our brand is one of the few ways to generate income, it has a value as your KTM tshirt and cap has. We expect our brand not to get ripped off, as do all other businesses.  We ask a royalty of R5 per sticker, we also have profit margins on our other merchandise.  As in a capitalist system market forces will determine if we are reasonable ito pricing.  Some okes seems happy to score from the forum but are up in arms when they have to pay farking R5 royalty on a branded sticker. 

Again, what do you pay for a KTM / BMW / Rough Rider or whatever branded sticker if you are not ripping it off?

:biggrin:
Jy mis my punt Hein
Ek is heeltemal bereid om R20 of selfs R50 elk te betaal om die wilddogs te ondersteun vir 2 of 3 branded stickers vir my bike of kit of watookal.
Die leave behind stickers is 'n ander storie
Hulle is kleiner, het jou forumnaam op en daar gaan obviously meer van hulle ge-order word
by the way - minimum order by Jules is 50 so minimum prys vir 'n batch is R450
Ons frikken plak die goed oral waar ons kom
Elke bar en venster en naambord en verkeersteken
Dis een of 2 trips dan is 50 in sy moer!
Ek weet nie van die ander w/d nie maar ek het nie R450 elke maand om nog 'n batch leavebehinds te koop nie

Nobody says the forum is not allowed royalties - hell i'm the foremost oke who will support WD branding!
All i'm saying is consider taking less royalties in order to sell more and encourage use of it! :patch:

But hey man - whatever floats your boat :thumleft:

Offline da PEEG

• "So far, everything that has surprised me has been completely unexpected."
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 05:26:36 pm »
PING Adventure...

Been trying to get these for over 2-years now(couldn't even buy any from KiLRoy's son at the NW-Bash recently) - getting desperate and frustrated.  I WANT to buy "the correct" one but can't get hold of any, I've tried Schlowy/Just-Bike-n-Tyre/and many more vendors.    

Adventure:

Who's Adventure? Can't be me, I'm AdventureR.... :deal: :biggrin:
No, I don't have any small ones......at least I don't think so, will check later.....but tell me, where do you want to stick them? :pot: :biggrin:
Your bike back and ready for Nam yet? :peepwall: :biggrin:

OK (seems like Kurt is easier than Adventurer)...
I want to stick them on my helmet (because the Bavarians still have my bike %^&#^^$^#%^)!!!!!!!!      :imaposer:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:30:43 pm by da PEEG »
BMW R1150GSA(Sidecar);  Yamaha XT660R

Offline luv2ride

• Strand brak
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Strand brak
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 05:30:45 pm »
Who are the vendors in Gauteng ( more specifically Pretoria) that actually now have stock?

Seems the bossman missed my question because it was only a one liner and small font   :peepwall:

BMW S1000XR and BMW R1200R
BMW F800GS - sold, Honda NC700X -Sold; BMW1150GSA -sold
BMW F650 twin - sold
BMW F800ST - in bike heaven Kawasaki KLR 650 - sold Kawasaki ER6F -sold Yamaha FZ6 - sold BMW 1200GS - sold BMW 650 Dakar - sold Yamaha XJ750 - stolen Honda MT5 - given away as scrap

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 05:31:58 pm »

Seems the bossman missed my question because it was only a one liner and small font   :peepwall:

See boss man's first post and link provided  :peepwall:

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?board=28.0

;)

Offline J-dog

• Bike: Kymco (all models)
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 05:32:26 pm »
geez everyone is antsy - so early in the year. buy the farking stickers with the royalties and support WD's.

Wow, humans suck sometimes.

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 05:35:09 pm »
OK ........ I see you have to click click click till you get here and then send e-mail ...........

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=121129.0

:imaposer: