Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Wilddog Sticker Announcement  (Read 11962 times)

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Shaun
Re: Wilddog Sticker Announcement
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2013, 09:56:31 pm »
ok, I know I have been chirping this thread, all in fun, but to get serious for a min, you are never going to stop okes from making stickers, and the money the forum is loosing as a result is very small in relation to what it could be making if the forum shop was up and running or if merchants were correctly stocked with shirts, buffs, patches, caps, etc

I really believe that the average Wild Dog loves this site.. myself included, we want to support the forum because of our bond to it

like Orangeswifty said, most okes made stickers because none were available, same goes for all of the other merchandise, if you don't supply the shirts okes will make their own, maybe not focus on making R5 per sticker but R100 on a shirt, r20 on a cap, R40 on a buff etc.. I can't for the love of money find a buff, if they were around I would buy one and the forum would make money.

If you make it, people will buy it, this thread is just a storm in a teacup, if you provide the stickers, most of the okes will buy, but you will always get the few okes who will make their own.

think of it in a positive way, all good brands have a problem with counterfit goods.  :thumleft:

+100 ;)
"Always Believe In Yourself"

Quote: "Riding a Bike feeds something inside us, that Nothing else can"
Quote: "I Ride because it can turn the Worst Day into the BEST"

Offline Kuifie

• Brandslang Koning
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Ek Laaik Ry
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2013, 09:57:08 pm »
@Kilrioy

Amen.  :thumleft:
"If the left side of your brain control the right side of your body, only left handed people are in the right mind"

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2013, 09:57:59 pm »
Pistol will launch the full range of WD merchandise via an online shop soon.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2013, 09:58:34 pm »
question: If I want to make a sticker, can I do so with permission if I pay a R5 royalty?
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Shaun
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2013, 09:59:18 pm »

:thumleft: Buffs included??
"Always Believe In Yourself"

Quote: "Riding a Bike feeds something inside us, that Nothing else can"
Quote: "I Ride because it can turn the Worst Day into the BEST"

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2013, 10:02:01 pm »
Rule is simple, we have a brand, if you rip the brand off, you get banned. Very reasonable? No court, simple rule, simple consequence.  

Bundu, for the love of god, it's R5 a sticker. That's how the model was discussed and is implemented. We don't want to change it, we want to get the stickers distributed ffs.  We have a workable model, we are now implementing it after years of issues. We don't want to redesign the model, we want to get it working. We are all happy with the arrangement. The issue came with the undiscussed bulk stickers and some okes who is telling me straight that they will keep on ripping the brand off.

KR, for the love of god, I would love to pay you R50 instead of R5 on a sticker that I buy once every 2/3 years when I get a new bike, but there are okes that advertise your 'company' all over the country by sticking that shit 30-40 times per month and they don't want to be 'taxed' R5 on every R1 sticker - I promise you I'm not trying to give you grief!!! I just think okes like OS should be allowed to advertise WD at an affordable price.... but whatever, tweets, that I've met and known not to be a bad guy banned, I'm done here for now

Offline MINZI

• Under Construction!
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
  • Right here, right now, nothing else matters.
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2013, 10:06:32 pm »
ok, I know I have been chirping this thread, all in fun, but to get serious for a min, you are never going to stop okes from making stickers, and the money the forum is loosing as a result is very small in relation to what it could be making if the forum shop was up and running or if merchants were correctly stocked with shirts, buffs, patches, caps, etc

I really believe that the average Wild Dog loves this site.. myself included, we want to support the forum because of our bond to it

like Orangeswifty said, most okes made stickers because none were available, same goes for all of the other merchandise, if you don't supply the shirts okes will make their own, maybe not focus on making R5 per sticker but R100 on a shirt, r20 on a cap, R40 on a buff etc.. I can't for the love of money find a buff, if they were around I would buy one and the forum would make money.

If you make it, people will buy it, this thread is just a storm in a teacup, if you provide the stickers, most of the okes will buy, but you will always get the few okes who will make their own.

think of it in a positive way, all good brands have a problem with counterfit goods.  :thumleft:

Where the fuck is the fun in your comments? The stickers were not available, everybody made their own and it was overlooked. The problem was adressed and some sort of solution was found.  KR and others are tying to sort out the problems, they came up with a solution and half of the members fucking moan about it.
If you do not STAND for something, you will FALL for anything!

Offline Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Mommy Fairy :)
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2013, 10:09:00 pm »

Oh Kilroy..... could I perhaps volunteer to help please.... (I have asked many times)...

We all know women tend to organise and get shit done better  :peepwall:
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Offline Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
    • Social Travel Digital solutions
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2013, 10:10:08 pm »
As hierrie die kyp flets was het pety van die mense laankal gefokkof en hulle eie kerk gaan stig

Ekke bid nog lekke hiesso
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:11:01 pm by Heimer »

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2013, 10:11:06 pm »
oh relax MINZI, focus. we are talking about serious cash here, R5 a sticker I buy once a year

I am not going to loose any sleep over it

+1 Bundu

Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2013, 10:12:09 pm »
Rule is simple, we have a brand, if you rip the brand off, you get banned. Very reasonable? No court, simple rule, simple consequence.  

Bundu, for the love of god, it's R5 a sticker. That's how the model was discussed and is implemented. We don't want to change it, we want to get the stickers distributed ffs.  We have a workable model, we are now implementing it after years of issues. We don't want to redesign the model, we want to get it working. We are all happy with the arrangement. The issue came with the undiscussed bulk stickers and some okes who is telling me straight that they will keep on ripping the brand off.

KR, for the love of god, I would love to pay you R50 instead of R5 on a sticker that I buy once every 2/3 years when I get a new bike, but there are okes that advertise your 'company' all over the country by sticking that shit 30-40 times per month and they don't want to be 'taxed' R5 on every R1 sticker - I promise you I'm not trying to give you grief!!! I just think okes like OS should be allowed to advertise WD at an affordable price.... but whatever, tweets, that I've met and known not to be a bad guy banned, I'm done here for now

Look, we are not interested in subsidizing sticker adds at the moment. We are only interested in R5 sticker royalties

As for Tweets, nice okes does not steal our income by distributing counterfeit stickers. And when confronted, stating it straight that fuck me, he will continue doing it. That's not what nice okes do, sorry.

FC, I've asked for sticker distributors now for more than a months, the okes responded. This is not a volunteer model, but a business model.  

Offline Kuifie

• Brandslang Koning
  • Ek Laaik Ry
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2013, 10:12:27 pm »
As hierrie die kyp flets was het pety van die mense laankal gefokkof en hulle eie kerk gaan stig

Ja ma check dissie capies wat biets nie , nadat ons die Haaie geslet is ons almal heppy go lucky
"If the left side of your brain control the right side of your body, only left handed people are in the right mind"

Offline Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Mommy Fairy :)
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2013, 10:15:51 pm »

Look, we are not interested in subsidizing sticker adds at the moment. We are only interested in R5 sticker royalties

As for Tweets, nice okes does not steal our income by distributing counterfeit stickers. And when confronted, stating it straight that fuck me, he will continue doing it. That's not what nice okes do, sorry.

FC, I've asked for sticker distributors now for more than a months, the okes responded. This is not a volunteer model, but a business model.  

Yes, and I am trying to help you with it... not just with the stickers.

"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2013, 10:17:20 pm »
If you organise it half as well as you did Amageza you have the skills FC

Offline Yami Super 10

• Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • 1200 Super 10
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2013, 10:30:27 pm »
KR,

I dont wanna stur or piss on this parade.
I have been part of this forum since 2008 (me think) I have bought T-shirts through the forum vendor, which you where part of the distributing part, as well as receiving the payments. As I still have the banking detail on my ABSA account that I did the EFT transfer.

That was then. How long has it been where WD have asked where to get ANY Merchandise?
Does the Mods come back? Please take just some time and go and look at the years of people asking for stickers, T shirts and what not.

I think if it was not for the guys making the odd stickers as well as T shirts, this forum will not be where its today.

I do understand fully that you would like to receive royalties. But surely one has to make sure that you have stock as well as suppliers to give to those who want.

As what I see, the demand is bigger that what you could cope with.

I am also aware that rules are rules.
But then the “office” needs to get their act sorted and supply to act on the demand so that the rules can be applied.

Just my 2c.

Geduld
Is n stadige manier om jou moer te strip!
Bikes: 2010 & 2019 ST1200
          2014 660XT

Offline Moondog

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
  • AKA : Tony
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2013, 10:31:10 pm »
You want to talk about brand value - go and have a look (search) what Tweets has done for the brand value of this forum - when someone is in need, there is no limit to how far he will go to help a member in trouble - helping with kit, tools, driving 1000's of kilos to collect a broken or damaged bike, and the list goes on - for the cost of a few stickers given away for free, an unmeasurable amount of brand value on the Wilddog brand has been destroyed tonight - damn sad day in my humble opinion.  :(  >:(
Life is tough - get a helmet!

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2013, 10:35:59 pm »
You want to talk about brand value - go and have a look (search) what Tweets has done for the brand value of this forum - when someone is in need, there is no limit to how far he will go to help a member in trouble - helping with kit, tools, driving 1000's of kilos to collect a broken or damaged bike, and the list goes on - for the cost of a few stickers given away for free, an unmeasurable amount of brand value on the Wilddog brand has been destroyed tonight - damn sad day in my humble opinion.  :(  >:(
+100....thanks for that..just this weekend he got two ulysses guys to ride with the WD to persuade them to join....

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline MINZI

• Under Construction!
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
  • Right here, right now, nothing else matters.
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2013, 10:37:24 pm »
oh relax MINZI, focus. we are talking about serious cash here, R5 a sticker I buy once a year

I am not going to loose any sleep over it

+1 Bundu

And R900 worth of stickers I bought legally wrt the forum rules and not bitching about it and then trying to make it out as a joke.
If you do not STAND for something, you will FALL for anything!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2013, 10:39:43 pm »
ok, I'll bite

How did I make it out to be a joke?

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2013, 10:48:17 pm »

Cry me a river. Great human being no doubt. Met him myself. Telling me straight to go fuck myself he will continue to rip of the brand and deny us of income.  Sorry, that's not going to work. Why don't you rather go ask your mate why he insist on ripping off the brand and to deny us of income? Sorry, your character witness does not reflect his behavior. That you need to ask him why.