Stoetie, not what you expect to hear from the man!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoetbul

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
So, I am not easily impressed by material things such as bikes and fast cars and big 4X4's.
BUT...... This morning I stopped at my local BMW dealer and asked if I could take their demo 1200GS for a spin. No problem Stoet's, here is a helmet and go and enjoy the ride was the reply.
Geez what a eye opener for me! This thing pulls from any ref in any gear, the sound from the standard exhaust is also louder than the old bike. I only rode for like 7km because it's a bit chilly in the Boland today but I must say that I am impressed! I think this thing will drop my bike from pull away no doubt. It's got litrely all the gadgets that you would/could want as standard.
You BMW okes know most of this allready but to me it was like WHAAAAU!!!
I would love to try it out on dirt to see how it performs there, but for now I can understand why it's such a great seller here for buyer's that use it to commute with as well as using it for stints on gravel and as tourer.
BMW sure has got another winner here.
No to get my hands on the 1190 KTM for a test as well..................... :thumleft: