Cape Town to the Isle of Man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Finally the trip has started.
Cape Town to the Isle of Man up the West coast of Africa

2 Riders
Willy van Niekerk and Phillip Deacon both seasoned riders. I am more of a track racer ( hence # 111) and Phil is more of a off road rider.
Our bikes Hinda XR 650 L`s. Both 2012 models with Dakar fairings, Extreme light 3000 lumen spots , long range 22 ltr tanks laggage racks ( thanks Halfdaft)

Tuesday the 16th the day dawn for us to start our epic journey north.
We met at the Malmesbury Engin and started from there.
We had a bad start to the day with me finding that I had lost lost my Go Pro remote somewhere between home and the garage as well as my Hella male socket.

There was a howling North wester blowing and we battled against this all day long with 10 degree lean angles being the norm as the wind was pushing us over.

The ride to Springbok was uneventfull but when we stopped we noticed that Phils rear tyre was destroyed with every second knob ripped out of his T 63 rear tyre. We managed to find a shop that would assist us with changing of the tyre as we were carrying a spare set. That left me with a problem as my tyre had also started to do the same but I only hasd one knob missing.

We arrived safely at Felix unite and rewarded ourslef with some nice cold ones.

Today started good with no wind this morning