Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Mate's GS stolen in JHB .... BIKE ON IT"S WAY HOME!!!  (Read 13082 times)

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Mate's GS stolen in JHB .... BIKE ON IT"S WAY HOME!!!
« on: April 23, 2013, 07:47:05 am »
An old mate of mine living in JHB has had his GS nicked by a scammer/con-artist.

BMW Gs1200 reg WTW648gp

PLEASE keep a lookout - and beware.

This is what he's said!

Trying to track down the ass hole that stole my bike today as his bag he left behind contained two air Zim stickers on it , also found a business card from another chap who was selling his bike on Gumtree so here's a warning his story is he's a gameranger was attacked by a lion showed me the scar down the right side of his face and bad scars on both shoulders and left upper arm . Apparently has a lion farm/lodge in the cape , in Zim and Tanzania
What a frikken con artist!!!

CHAPS & LADIES - check the pic taken from a surveilance camera of the scumbag that nicked the bike!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 02:16:49 pm by Goose »
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Geotraveller

Any other info, how did he do it? Your mate let him test ride it?

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore

Yep - that's exactly what happened.  :-\  the dude left his bag and personal stuff - but it seems my mate did not check ID or verify that the bloke was genuine.......

Seems that the card that Pete found in the bag left - contained a business card and he called that dude - who was also selling a GS. However he was more wake-up and only allowed the oke to ride the bike in a secured & enclosed parking garage...

Problem here is that Insurance will not pay as he "handed the keys" to this thief.

A BIG LESSON to be learnt from this - ensure that ANY test-rides are done in an enclosed area/parking etc where access or exit is restricted. The people are becoming more & more unscrupulous.

Food for thought - the thief made a huge song & dance about his scars that he apparently got as a game ranger. This leads me to believe that they might be fake and he's using it to "dust his trail" ...........
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Geotraveller

Fark man! Sorry for your mate's loss and a big lesson to all of us.

Offline Dusty Rusty

• Sparkle
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
  • SSS!
 :o

Jeez!   Dis bad.  Ek huil my dood as so iets met my moet gebeur.

Regte slegte nuus >:(
Never underestimate the power of kindness!

http://doutrapper.wordpress.com/

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za

Yep - that's exactly what happened.  :-\  the dude left his bag and personal stuff - but it seems my mate did not check ID or verify that the bloke was genuine.......

Seems that the card that Pete found in the bag left - contained a business card and he called that dude - who was also selling a GS. However he was more wake-up and only allowed the oke to ride the bike in a secured & enclosed parking garage...

Problem here is that Insurance will not pay as he "handed the keys" to this thief.

A BIG LESSON to be learnt from this - ensure that ANY test-rides are done in an enclosed area/parking etc where access or exit is restricted. The people are becoming more & more unscrupulous.

Food for thought - the thief made a huge song & dance about his scars that he apparently got as a game ranger. This leads me to believe that they might be fake and he's using it to "dust his trail" ...........
Really?!!! :eek7:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
that is a bit kak!

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
Bad news indeed. :'(

JohannR

Sorry to hear.. Cant imagine what it must be like being without my baby!!

Online Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
he must feel gutted - just handing over his bike to someone and never seeing it again
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline oo7

And herein I guess lies the lesson for all of us - be vigilant (read: not stupid)

Hope your friend gets his bike back

Offline jackD

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Sorry to here this man,

One thing that gives me a bit of peace of mind about selling and buying a bike is this site, if the guy is not a dog and dose not know about this site I aleady start to question the deal.
I just purchased a 990 from Clutch (a guy i never met before and in the Transval) as he was on this site and I was on the site we had this trust to start with. All went well for both partys.

Sorry man to here this you just cant be two carefull.

Offline Smokes

• Forum Vendor
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
Oh Shit... :xxbah:

Hope he gets it back..

Ry hom Kwagga !!!
KTM 950SE, KTM 990 R
BMW R1200 GSA,
BMW R1200 GS(sold)
KTM 990 adventure (sold) Dakar 650 (sold), YAMAHA WR 450F,   KAWA KDX 200.

Offline Manic

• Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
Private sale is always a problem, cause of this testride scenario.

You can loose a sale, or loose a bike.
1250 HP GSA
H2 Supercharged
990 SM

Offline Thunderlinde

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Bellville Breker
Makes me wonder, how long until a skelm joins the forum, and uses the forum trust to steal someones bike or cash in a similar way.

KTM 950 Adv
Kawasaki KLR 650
Honda XL 125

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore

Really?!!! :eek7:

I think Operator would be able to shed more light on this - but the fact is that he technically "handed the keys to his bike to an unknown person" ........... no forced removal etc. etc...........  so insurers would not be obliged to honour the cover?  Sad indeed!

Offline Chairman Meow

• Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Obey the Kitty
 :sad4:........this would make me feel real sick.....Fark thats a lot of money!  :'(

Offline Just_Plain_Dan

• Forum Vendor
  • Shop Mods
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Mr Kempton Park 1997
Friend of mine mailed him this morning about this bike and he replied and said it was stolen last night.

How did the guy arrive at his house? On foot?

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
Pic of the Perp added on first post!!

Let's find the bastid......   >:(

Offline See Duiwel

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Passop voor!
Gee kans, hy gaan nog uitdop! Erens gaan 'n Dawg hom spot 8)
A car window is just a TV screen