Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Terra in a bit of sand  (Read 344 times)

Offline Xpat

Terra in a bit of sand
« on: April 24, 2013, 07:05:22 pm »
I know this is probably not the most popular Husky around, but nice to see that it can do a bit of sand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b90m1AiOuAc

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
Re: Terra in a bit of sand
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 07:58:48 pm »
Nothing wrong withit --Unfortunately Husky - BMW lost the plot a while ago and now even with KTM -- Some nice bikes over the last 3 years will never be produced --  Terra -Strada Nuda and i hear some of the good smaller 2 smokes and even the 449 and 511' who knows what the future holds --all i know is hold on to what you have --

Unfortunately the suspension is a bit crappy --nearly the same as the X-Challenge -- ::)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:00:43 pm by blazes »
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Crossed-up

Re: Terra in a bit of sand
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 09:13:37 pm »
I had a ride on one.  Really not bad at all.  I can't comment on the suspension as I'm not a good enough rider to be able to tell much in a 5 minute ride.  But the ergos were good and the looks were striking.  It certainly wasn't as heavy as I was expecting.  I had been under the impression this was a 185 kg bike but it hardly felt much more than 150.  The Rotax motor should be reliable and economical.  And it's just that bit different to the masses.

The brakes were good!  I locked up the front wheel in front of a crowd of WDs and very nearly dropped it!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:14:34 pm by Crossed-up »