Online buying question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badballie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Here is the situation.

Looking for an accessory for my bike.

Look at local places and see one has an online shop and price advertised on web. Find one and what I am looking for at a good price. There is a disclaimer that says prices may vary between shop and online and that the prices wont be adjusted either way. Cool.

Due to time constraints go to the shop, but now the item is double the price !!!

When asking why, it is stated that the price on the website is per item as it has 2 parts (which by the way can not operate or be sold separately !!!!!)

Shop mentions that they told webmaster to re-word the ad, some time ago already, as it can be a little confusing???

Keeping in mind disclaimer say OK................

Back at office, check website again - no mention of price individually - it actually states the plural (s) after description

Decide to test it out, do an online order, invoice comes up with price and quantity for the whole "unit" as described on web, it auto calculates shipping charges - gives full total.

Push ahead to payment stage and payment accepted and done..........................

Now will see what happens tomorrow morning when querying delivery date..............

Now question - was it wrong to still go ahead and order online ? I agree the price online was VERY good - but if that is what you advertise it for, invoice it for and accept payment for (online) then surely you have to supply it as such ?

Yes dealer gave a non-committal explanation that website is "wrong", it is a supposed known issue, but there seems to be no haste to rectify it ?

Those who run online shops and physical shops what say you ?