Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 7 day ride CPT-CPT - May.. best route?  (Read 473 times)

Offline Christian Ghammachi

• Puppy
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    • Two Wheels Across
7 day ride CPT-CPT - May.. best route?
« on: April 27, 2013, 04:23:00 pm »
Hello All!

My friend is flying down to cape town for about ten days and we plan on riding for 7 days, leaving cape town a returning to cape town. Can you please let me know what route you recommend for that duration, preferably towards warm weather?

Thank you !

Offline hedleyj

Re: 7 day ride CPT-CPT - May.. best route?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 05:24:55 pm »
Your request would indicate that this is taking place soon, you also dont really indicate tar or dirt so lets assume easy riding tar

In which case you also need to decide on how much time you want to spend in the saddle each day 

Probably 2 to 3 hours is a comfortable amount of time

This should give you at an average speed of 90km/h a range of approx 300km per day

So with that in mind, you want to travel approx 1000km out and then 1000km back again

You could get to PE easily via some great roads and a little warmer there, but this time of the year it does become a gamble any which way you go. 

Another alternate for you would be to just do day rides out of Cape TOwn using the awesome sceneary and roads you guys have there

As far as dirt riding goes for what you are asking it does become a Tracks for africa issue.

Good luck and enjoy
I'm sure the sun goes around the earth twice a day.