• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD! '94 Honda XLR250R Cape Town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogmatix

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha TTR 250
My little quarrymobile is for sale. It's a '94 Honda XLR 250 R (registered in SA first in '05), street legal, go anywhere machine.
Licensed for the road
19,540km
Kickstart only, but there's almost no compression to talk about so it starts like a dream. Also has no bettery so there's nothing to go flat or need replacing.
New oil and filter every 2 months. Haven't got any service history when I got it so I just serviced her when I had a spare moment.
Newish steering head bearings (done about 2,000kms since).
New hand guards
New mini rear indicators (standard indicators are ridiculous sticky out things that everyone knocks off with their boot when mounting/dismounting).
Free headlight protector
She does about 3L per 100kms (on a recent trip to the Cederberg with a 110kg fella on top)
Not much else to say other than it's been ultra reliable, incredibly capable and a pleasure to own and ride.

Oh yes, if anyone needs any type of confirmation about what a stirling machine it is you can ask:
Crossed-Up
Garfield
Dux
Fuzzy Muzzy
MissM
... and pretty much anyone who's had the good fortune to ride it.

On the market for R17,000

Attachments

• Right.JPG
    Right.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,470
  • FrontLeft.JPG
    FrontLeft.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,471
  • Left.JPG
    Left.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,469
  • Front.JPG