What is a good bike to start enduro style riding with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy Muzzy

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I am asking myself all the time about what is the better bike to get and there is always tons of opinions but the question is always

2 stroke or 4.. coming from a 4t riders perspective I think we always stick with what we know, I took a spin on Buffs 2T, I admit it was the 1st time I had been on a 2T bike, after that 2 min spin I would probably have to relearn how to ride a bike, I overcooked every corner and my eyes went slightly wider, it is a very different ride to what I am used to.. aka gravel highways. So I am pretty determined to do at least a few months of riding on a smaller 4T

Now I know that the issue of maitainance always comes up, it is something that is completly foreign to me because I have never done the kind of riding that requires maintaining a bike. The Transalp is a bike which you ride for 6000km and change the oil.. pretty easy, what do these smaller bikes require.?

I am really not going to be in a position financially to race this year due to circumstances, but I should be able to downscale and buy a cheaper bike to start getting used to.

I was thinking of getting a CRF250X but am open to suggestions.