My addiction to â??Dirtâ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gulp

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
My addiction to â??Dirtâ?

I had just got my 650GS when a friend of mine asked me to assist, as he was going to the Cedarberg by cage and would like his bike there. Another friend was going to ride take his bike and I was going along for â??the rideâ?.
We leave Cape Town a bit late, but what the heck we donâ??t know what lies ahead. Get to Ceres and the sun is disappearing fast, I have dark visor, We get to the â??Op die Bergâ? turn off and it is now pitch black. We stop for my friend to have a smoke. He stops in front of me and I leave my lights on until he gets off his bike (650GS as well). I switch off my lights and we are in the dark, he could not find me yet I was only 5m away, the galaxy was above in all is glory.
He had a pair off â??yellow cycleâ? glasses that I browed, so I was riding with my visor up collect bugs in my teeth that were attracted to my headlight.
Then we hit the dirt road, now for those that have done it in â??lightâ?? will know, it can be pretty hectic. We plod along, stopping where and there for a nervous chuckle and smoke, listening to â??silenceâ?. There is nothing out there.
All of a sardine! There is lights ahead and we pull in to Mount Cedar for a well deserved coke, strech the legs (no one told us we could stand as we were on BMWâ??s â?¦lolol).
Back on the bike and off we go, luck they used the heads and came to the farm gate that they were stay at, so there was this car in the middle of no were with its lights on , what a welcome beacon. Followed them to the farm. Left CT at +/-15H00 got to Farm at 23h30.
Got up early the next day before the â??heatâ? got up and headed for home, thinking to my self that we could have never done this at night. If I had of see the â??drop-offâ??sâ?? that we were riding next too, I would have most probably turned around there and then.  The picâ??s are of the ride home. â??Was hookedâ? and so my addiction started!
(ps apparently the vine is 125yrs old so i am told)

Attachments

• IMG_1568.jpg
    IMG_1568.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1578.jpg
    IMG_1578.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 147