Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Popping Wheelies in Traffic  (Read 4487 times)

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
Re: Popping Wheelies in Traffic
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2013, 07:18:25 pm »
Garfield will the action of the super biker still be applauded if he overcooked the wheelie and fell down right in front of your family, causing an accident?

He didn't though, so it shall be applauded...you can also then say what if the space shuttle that took those people to the moon years ago exploded on launch, killing millions..but it didn't, they went to the moon man, they were true wheeliests to step onto that space shuttle.

oi, are you comparing an oke doing a wheelie to an astronaut?  :eek7: and considering that the shuttle did explode on take off killing all on board I think your analogy failed.  :imaposer:
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2013, 07:21:27 pm »
Muzzy, you rather buy a reliable motorbike, so we can see you at Atlantis. Tomorrow you miss out again. Give that XR to charity. :pot:

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2013, 07:26:50 pm »
I can come along on the 230 but I aint got no permit..

The XR is in great shape, it was just in pieces because i was developing the rally front end, so the wiring etc was off, but I am making it std again after I ran out of steam and money.. should be sorted in a few weeks.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2013, 07:34:30 pm »
The 230 is OK, permit? We are'nt going for perlemoen you know. We meet at the factory and ride in through the front door. The back door is where they put the guard. :imaposer:

Offline BryanOC6

• I can like to ride Ja
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Time to ride , I say a cammaahhhn
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2013, 07:37:12 pm »
100 bucks that was Capper !!
BMW GSA 1200 LC 2014
Yamaha WR250 2007
Yamaha SR500 1983 Bratstyle

Offline CharlesS

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2013, 07:38:03 pm »

You may or may not realize it, but a good wheely is far less common than a good screw. Al is die wereld rond, naai die mense om elke hoek en draai.

I'm not commenting on the frequency of screwing, I am commenting on the appropriateness of doing it in public.

If a wheely is done away from public, who will appreciate it then??

Do the wheelie in public, but not in traffic. There is a major difference between the two and that is the point I am trying to put across.

Perhaps you should consider safer means of transport. Like a donkey cart. :pot:

A bit rich considering that you are the one riding a 600 cc bike.  For crying out loud the bike I ride offroad is almost the same engine size, and let's not even start with what bike I ride on road :)

Jokes aside and to be clear on what I am trying to say, I have nothing against wheelies, just do not do it where your actions can cause harm to other persons who cannot exercise  their prerogative to not expose themselves to the risk.
[/quote]

Offline CharlesS

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2013, 07:54:29 pm »
Garfield will the action of the super biker still be applauded if he overcooked the wheelie and fell down right in front of your family, causing an accident?

He didn't though, so it shall be applauded...you can also then say what if the space shuttle that took those people to the moon years ago exploded on launch, killing millions..but it didn't, they went to the moon man, they were true wheeliests to step onto that space shuttle.

oi, are you comparing an oke doing a wheelie to an astronaut?  :eek7: and considering that the shuttle did explode on take off killing all on board I think your analogy failed.  :imaposer:

Even if the analogy was not flawed , which incidentally I agree it is, the difference between astronauts and riders popping wheelies in traffic, is that astronauts in assuming the risk involved only assume that risk in respect of their own lives.

Riders who wheelie in traffic are not only assuming that risk in respect of their own lives but also in respect of other individuals in traffic at that particular point in time.

It is the arrogance of doing this that I am arguing against.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2013, 07:57:49 pm »

Even if the analogy was not flawed , which incidentally I agree it is, the difference between astronauts and riders popping wheelies in traffic, is that astronauts in assuming the risk involved only assume that risk in respect of their own lives.

Riders who wheelie in traffic are not only assuming that risk in respect of their own lives but also in respect of other individuals in traffic at that particular point in time.

To take things further in this childish fashion, the astronaut can put the shuttle down on civilians by accident. So there being risk in anything shall we avoid everything?

Offline Gee S

• Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2013, 08:01:35 pm »

Is this the new Think Bike forum?? :pot:
All that wander are not lost

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2013, 08:02:59 pm »
 :laughing4: :laughing4: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2013, 08:09:49 pm »
I don't mind the okes who wheelie as much as I get annoyed with the okes who lane split to the front of the robot then pull slightly infront of the cage when he gets to the front.. all would be fine if the biker was awake and pulled away with skill when the robot turned green, but the okes who fall asleep in front or pull away like grannies pisses me off.. I would rather the oke pulled away into an instant wheelie rather than me pulling away and having to apply brakes because the rider who just pulled infront of me is asleep.

In any event, lets be honest, if an oke pops a wheelie from a robot you will either admire his wheelie, or admire his spectacular off.

Offline BryanOC6

• I can like to ride Ja
  • Time to ride , I say a cammaahhhn
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2013, 08:30:50 pm »
I don't mind the okes who wheelie as much as I get annoyed with the okes who lane split to the front of the robot then pull slightly infront of the cage when he gets to the front.. all would be fine if the biker was awake and pulled away with skill when the robot turned green, but the okes who fall asleep in front or pull away like grannies pisses me off.. I would rather the oke pulled away into an instant wheelie rather than me pulling away and having to apply brakes because the rider who just pulled infront of me is asleep.

In any event, lets be honest, if an oke pops a wheelie from a robot you will either admire his wheelie, or admire his spectacular off.

:thumleft:
BMW GSA 1200 LC 2014
Yamaha WR250 2007
Yamaha SR500 1983 Bratstyle

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2013, 09:57:22 pm »

To take things further in this childish fashion, the astronaut can put the shuttle down on civilians by accident. So there being risk in anything shall we avoid everything?

:imaposer:

Offline Uiltjie

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Caledon
    • http://www.goudinie.co.za
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2013, 02:45:31 am »
Ag tog asseblief, hier sal darem altyd 'n klomp moangatte wees.

As ek kon wheelie, sou ek dit ook gedoen het.

Kom wees nou eerlik, as mens voor by 'n robot wegtrek, wie is voor jou?  Fokken niemand.  Die aankomende verkeer staan ook stil, gewoonlik.  En daar is (gewoonlik) 'n vet middelmannetjie.  Niemand gaan seerkry as die hy die wheelie opfok nie, net sy ego.

Hy wheelie doodeenvoudig omdat hy KAN.  En as hy stoppies kan doen by die volgende rooi robot, glo my, dan was die wheelie fokkol vir hom nie.   :ricky:  Hy wheelie al baie langer as wat hy stoppies doen!

Wie is die ou wat sy tril laat uithang by die party?  Die ou met die lang tril.  Wie is die ou wat wheelie in traffic?  Die ou wat kan.  Nes die ou met die lang tril.

En laastens, een stukkie raad:

Dis 'n KTM ding - jy sallie verstaan nie! :lol8:
"Sit vis vobiscum."

Offline whitedelight

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2013, 07:13:57 am »
Quote from: 2StrokeDan link=topic=123616.msg2392136#

Perhaps you should consider safer means of transport. Like a donkey cart. :pot:

And there you have it,Dan is back...... :biggrin:

Haha missed you dude.... :thumleft:
Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2013, 07:34:41 am »
one day the OP might need to wheely over a tree stump or culvert in front of other riders. I guess he'll crash...
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline Strider_GS

• Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Why so serious
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2013, 10:08:01 am »
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Who dares wins

Offline Jondu

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2013, 10:31:54 am »
Dis nice om n wheeley te sien. Ek kan dit in elkegeval nie doen nie. Hymoet net sy eie knak vat as dit na hom toe kom

Offline CharlesS

« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2013, 11:33:50 am »

En laastens, een stukkie raad:

Dis 'n KTM ding - jy sallie verstaan nie! :lol8:
[/quote]

Actually doen ek. In ag genome dat tans in my garage die volgende is

2012 KTM 300 EXW
2013 KTM 350 XCF -W
2012 KTM 990
2013 KTM 1190 R

Dink ek, ek verstaan die KTM ding beter as wat mens sou dink. My status as newbie is omdat ek die bikes actually ry waar en hoe hulle bedoel is, sonder dat ek nodig het dat ander  mense vir my hande klap oor hoe oulik ek toertjies kan doen.

Seker is dit die verskil tussen die wat rerig kan, en die Sirkus apies wat so hard probeer om te regverdig hoekom hulle moet kan wheelie waar almal kan sien.

Offline Avontier

• Coitus reservatus
Re: Re: Popping Wheelies in Traffic
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2013, 11:56:49 am »
Kan jy wheelie, CharlesS?