Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH BMW - PLEASE READ GS/GSA OWNERS  (Read 7582 times)

Offline Ratel

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dubai
Re: VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH BMW - PLEASE READ GS/GSA OWNERS
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 08:12:59 am »
You are going to love your new KTM ;D
"Stercus accidit..."

Offline MURPHY

• Bike: KTM 690 Enduro
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 08:14:09 am »
If your bike is out of warranty you surely could not expect the dealer to pick up the cost of the repair .

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 08:26:12 am »
Interested why you supplied your own oil and filter for the service? Isn't that a bit like going to a cafe with a potato and asking for a packet of chips? ???

Dealers discourages the paying client to supply his own parts, because they take fat profits on these. By supplying your own parts you can save as much as 50%, in some cases more, on your parts expenses. And I am not talking about rubbish parts here.

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 08:28:06 am »
You are going to love your new KTM ;D

Especially since he posted in at least 2 places maybe in LC8 section too?  8)
Behind every great man, is a woman rolling her eyes.

Offline Giepie

• Life's the gift, use it or loose it!
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 09:25:46 am »
I'm not a dealer, but if I was one, there is NO way I would warrantee the job if the client brought it's own stuff, even if it's supposed to be a better quality.  The dealer have no quality control over the items. Only logic to me.

Me thinks Linde is unreasonable in what he wants.
Giepie

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • My job? Just something I do between rides....
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 09:28:39 am »
One would at least have expected of the dealer to state their reasons for the decision they made. In the interest of being open and transparent and assuring the customer of their best service, it would also have been of help to inform the customer of the extent of their "investigations" and what the results were that gave rise to their ultimate decision.

Why did the dealer not do this? I would have been satisfied with nothing less myself.

Offline Ratt

• Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • An experiment in Artificial Stupidity...
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 09:34:57 am »
One would at least have expected of the dealer to state their reasons for the decision they made. In the interest of being open and transparent and assuring the customer of their best service, it would also have been of help to inform the customer of the extent of their "investigations" and what the results were that gave rise to their ultimate decision.

Why did the dealer not do this? I would have been satisfied with nothing less myself.

My thinking too, or we don't have the whole story
I'm not saying kill stupid people, I'm saying, remove the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

**072 596 1303 in Knysna if you have troubles**

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 09:35:26 am »
I'm not a dealer, but if I was one, there is NO way I would warrantee the job if the client brought it's own stuff, even if it's supposed to be a better quality.  The dealer have no quality control over the items. Only logic to me.

The dealer has no quality control over his own parts either, since he is not the manufacturer. NGK spark plugs bought from Midas do not differ from NGK spark plugs supplied by the dealer. Yet you can pay a 70%+ premium for the dealer's NGK's.
I run my own business, and I discourage clients from bringing their own parts, simply because I lose around 33% minimum profit on parts when supplied by client. Trust me, your BMW/KTM oils do no better lubrication job than similar spec Shell/Castrol/Indy/ etc.

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 09:43:22 am »

I would never be satisfied with inferior quality in any event. If I know the dealer is using shit products on my bike, no way in hell I would simply accept that. That would be the opportune time to immediately change dealer me thinks...

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 09:45:35 am »

The Dealer is evidently instructed by BMW Motorrad to do so and has acted on their report and recommendation. Linde please supply us with a copy of the report so we have a full and transparent story. BMW are often known to cover items out of warrenty under goodwill but this also often depends on an established and trusted customer relationship ... know your PD, smile and shake hands with him, shmooze will pay off ::)
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 11:28:18 am »

The dealer has no quality control over his own parts either, since he is not the manufacturer. NGK spark plugs bought from Midas do not differ from NGK spark plugs supplied by the dealer. Yet you can pay a 70%+ premium for the dealer's NGK's.
I run my own business, and I discourage clients from bringing their own parts, simply because I lose around 33% minimum profit on parts when supplied by client. Trust me, your BMW/KTM oils do no better lubrication job than similar spec Shell/Castrol/Indy/ etc.

Except that these days lots of "chinese" NGK etc that aren't are entering the market 8)
Behind every great man, is a woman rolling her eyes.

Offline Plaashaas

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 01:48:17 pm »
Bmw motorad met me half-way after my fuel pump kaked 18 months out of warranty

Dont think you can expect any dealer to honour any part failure more than 4 years after after a bike was bought

:P
Current rides: F800GS x 2

Id rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.

Offline TornadoF5

• Limited Edition®
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • He who never dreams, sleeps his life away
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 03:31:06 pm »
KTM 1190 time....?

Always outnumbered, but NEVER outgunned.....

Offline Wayne

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 03:36:54 pm »
KTM 1190 time....?

Now you talking  :pot:
May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Offline Orangejuicepony

• Bike: Honda XR650L
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 04:11:04 pm »

Dit is waar dat die handelaar nie qc op sy parte het nie maar, as ek aan jou voertuig gaan werk en my werk dra n waarborg sal ek tenvolle in beheer wil wees oor die parte ens. Dis sal my as handelaar ook die kans gee om dan terug te gaan na my verskaffers wanneer n part breek.

En dan maak ek meer geld natuurlik :thumleft:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 04:17:21 pm »

Dit is waar dat die handelaar nie qc op sy parte het nie maar, as ek aan jou voertuig gaan werk en my werk dra n waarborg sal ek tenvolle in beheer wil wees oor die parte ens. Dis sal my as handelaar ook die kans gee om dan terug te gaan na my verskaffers wanneer n part breek.

En dan maak ek meer geld natuurlik :thumleft:

Ek stem met jou saam, en ekself sal altyd die klient waarsku as hy eie onderdele wil verskaf, dat ek geen waarborg dra indien "sy" onderdele onklaar raak nie. Dit maak hom bang :imaposer:

Offline GSing

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Direct Your Adventure
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 04:35:15 pm »
Die fiets is 4 jaar uit waarborg???

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 04:44:06 pm »
I have seen quite a few instances where a post like this is made, and then the original poster offers very limited further participation. ??? ???

The only BIG problem I see with the story as presented by Linde, is the absolute pathetic client communication from the BMW dealer. But is this the full story??

Linde, Linde, kom in.......

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 04:55:38 pm »
Waar is jy Linde? Komaan, ons wil weet !!!

Offline GSing

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Direct Your Adventure
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2013, 04:57:29 pm »
Zero 7 Zero 7 Berig oor........