VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH BMW - PLEASE READ GS/GSA OWNERS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linde2013

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hello GS owners,

A few weeks ago a posted my story of my GSA 1200 diff which had to be replaced on 20000km's. I e-mailed BMW Motorrad(as advised by Bavarian) and explained to them what happened and asked them two questions which concerned me about what happened. Up to now I haven't blamed anyone or BMW for what happened but was only looking for answers. After two weeks and numerous follow up calls, I received the following response from BMW Motorrad:

"BMW SA Motorrad together with Bavarian Motorcycles looked into your complaint. Regrettably after their investigation, it was decided that there will be no assistance from both parties in repairing your motorcycle, all cost is for your account. Bavarian Motorcycle will give feedback as per their diagnosis should you require a report on their findings.
We thank you for your time and patience as we assure you of our best attention."

I was never contacted by Motorrad or Bavarian Motorcycles regarding this case and neither Motorrad nor Bavarian has answered the two questions I asked. According to Motorrad's final response Bavarian do have a report on their finding but at the time couldn't answer me when I took the bike to them or when I collected it. The only thing I was told was to submit a complaint to Motorrad, speak to Lyndhurst where a bought the bike and that the crown wheel and pinion was damaged.

I have replied to the last e-mail and said that I am still waiting for answers and would appreciate the report from Bavarian but another two weeks has passed with no response. I have however managed to buy a brand new diff from a dealer in England for 5x cheaper than what I was quoted by Bavarian and this includes shipping and should receive it soon. I have attached the original letter which I e-mailed to Motorrad and would appreciate it if anyone can answer any of the two questions which BMW can't or refuse to respond to.

I am really disappointed with my BMW experience and will be selling my GSA as soon as it is repaired and doubt if I will buy one again with what happened up to now. This is still a great bike to ride and I enjoyed it very much these last few years, but those "Best Quality", "Great service" and "these bikes just keeps on going" lines which everyone raved about, are just words and sales talk to me at this stage.

I did e-mail Motorrad on the 30th of April again (one last time) as I still haven't received any answers from them. In this e-mail I informed them that I will be posting what happened on all possible forums so that other GS owners can be informed of what can most probably also happen to them.

Regards

Derick

Attachments

• Motorrad e-mail.docx
    13.4 KB · Views: 45