Africa Twin Breederiver Gathering 14-16 June (See First & Second Post!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose your prefered weekend please. Only vote if you planning to attend.

• 7 - 9 June

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 14 - 16 June

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

Pietcoke

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
As promised, here are the official AT Gathering Plan a Ride. This is how it all started: https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=123357.20

Here is what it's all about. The topic of an Africa Twin gathering seems to be raised a couple of times before, but as far as what i could see it just stays there.
Rommel 2012 :https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=108383.0
Skid 2013 :https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=123357.0

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Keep in mind that June the 17th are a Public Holiday (for those who would like to stay an extra day)[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]All the UPDATES on this thread will be done in this post.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Info regarding this weekend you can PM, phone or E-mail me on:
Piet van Rensburg.
[email protected]

Bank Details:
Standard Bank
PL Jansen van Renburg
Account. no: 073282359
Branch no: 050407

Place: Morgenrood farm, Swellendam, S34 10.667 E20 29.396
Date: 14 - 16 June 2013
Cost: R80 per person per night (Includes: Sleep, wood, coffee and rusks) (You pay at the venue, so please bring cash)

Opsional Exstra per person per day: (Please order in advance)
Breakfast R30 (2 x eggs, 2 x bacon, boere wors, 2 x toast, cheese and jam)
Braai pack & sallad combo R55 (Chicken sosatie, 2 x chops, boere wors, potato salad, Greek salad)

Home made Bake Bread: On the house

Accommodation: Camping or Housing NO ADDITIONAL COST
Housing need to be booked with me asap. First come First serve

Housing: 11 Beds available.
Tenting: Lots of space

Here are more info regarding the housing and sleeping arrangements.
I have booked the Main House and the Kliphuis.  (Total of 11 Beds available)
The Additional house is on “standby”, depending of people attending. (7 More beds available)

There are 3 main buildings on the site. The Main house, Kliphuis and the Additional house(On Standby)

Main House
This house is the one in the picture below witch will also be the “main kuiering” are due to the very large undercover stoep with the braai. This house has 2 Double bedrooms + 3 single beds in the living area. It also has 2 bathrooms(Shower, toilet & basin)
It has a large open plan kitchen were all the catering will happen. (keep in mind when taking dibs on these beds)
Still available: 2 x Single beds in the living area

Kliphuis
This house is 270.59 meters upstream from the Main House.
It sleeps 11 people. It has 2 bedrooms and a living area. There are 3 x Double beds & 8 x Single beds.
In one of the bedrooms is a basic bathroom. There are a very nice ablution block (recently build) close to the house. If now one is going to share the double beds then this house will sleep only 11 people.
Still available: 9 Beds

Additional House
This house is 75.10 meters downstream from the main house and sleeps 7 people not sharing.
This is the property of the “sister in-law” and are rented separately from the other 2 buildings.
There is a main bedroom with a double bed
Second bedroom has a double and 2 x single beds.
Living are has 3 x single beds
Still available: 7 x Beds

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]There is NO ADDITIONAL cost for housing or tenting.............it's all covert in you R80 per person per day. Bargain if you ask me..........[/size][/size][/size]

Directions:
From the N2, take the Infanta dirt road. S34 04.627 E20 24.381
After 1.8Km's, take the Napkei Mond road. S34 05.579 E20 24.824
After 13km's you get the entrance to Morgenrood. S34 10.562 E20 28.336
Follow the road, go past Felix Unite (Up The Creek camp) down to the river.
You have Arrived!

I will make your stay as pleasant as possible but cant guarantee nice weather.

We all can decide on Friday evening around the braai fire whereto the Saturday out-ride will be as all the dirt roads in that area are stunning. I will have a map handy.

Program
Friday Afternoon - Everyone arrive at leisure and getting settled in.
Friday Evening - Braai and mingling at the Main House (Deciding on a Out-ride route)
Saturday Morning - Waking up and enjoying breakfast till 10am
Saturday 10am to +/-3pm - Going on the Out-ride (Not Compulsory) (Weather Permitted)
Saturday Afternoon - Enjoy yourself by the fire with music and friends.
Saturday Evening - Braai, Kuiering and a LUCKY DRAW
Sunday Morning -  Waking up and enjoying breakfast till 10am
Sunday (Rest of the day) we just chill.
Sunday Evening - More Fire, Braaiing, More Mingling till you drop.
Monday - Packing up. If you stayed over the Sunday you check yourself out.

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Sponsors[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
I have manage to source some very nice GOODIES from a few Sponsors which we will give away Saturday Evening with a Lucky Draw. If there is anybody who would be willing to help finding even more Sponsors to get on board please contact me.

I would like to thank the following Sponsors in advance for their generous offers:

DUSTRIDERS
FLYING BRICK
SUPERFOXI
KOSMOS
WORCESTER MINERALS (COCA COLA)
GOUDINI WINES
TWINMAN
PROTEA HOTELS (FRANSCHOEK)
GOUDA SLAGHUIS (Vaalbaas)
MTN (Worcester, High Street Branch)

We now have the opportunity to get T-shirts printed for our gathering, but we need to move quick on the design as we have very little time left.

Please give me some suggestions/ ideas as what to you guys's would like printed on these T's

Also indicate how many you would like to purchase.

Price of the T-shirts will be round about R160 (EDITED)

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]I will "update" the Attendance List as we grow.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Attachments

• Morgenrood.jpg
    Morgenrood.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 874
  • Morgenrood Kaart.JPG
    Morgenrood Kaart.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 845
  • 1 (4).jpg
    1 (4).jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 852
  • 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg