RST Adventure Jacket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DjfLoYd

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Just thought to drop in and tell ya how impressed I am with the RST Adventure jacket.
Bought one from RAD KTM for just on R3300 and all I can say is wow. What a great jacket.

The venting is amazing. Vents all over the place and all are zipped open or closed.
Quality looks top notch in the stitching department too.
Comes with a winter inner and a waterproof inner and all the protective padding you'd expect.
My only gripe is the waterproof inner.
Surely that should be the outermost shell when trying to avoid getting wet. But not a big deal
as I have external waterproofs anyway. The jacket has a great rear back pocket that is completely
removable and has straps that can be used to mount to a bike rack as a sort of soft luggage bag.

The built in water bladder (Camelbak) pouch is cool but interferes with a Leatt brace if you have one.
Unless you get the really small (1 litre) bladder perhaps. The rear thoracic blade on a GPX Race will rest on the bladder.
Not cool. My external Camelbak rucksack works fine though.

If you're looking for something not branded up and down with either KTM or BMW badges then this one is a winner.
It does having a matching pant but I already have a Klim so didn't go for those. I haven't seen these RST anywhere else
(like Full Throttle or WOA). RAD KTM has a large selection of sizes and they also have the all black versions. I think the
guy there is Tyronne.

All in all a great jacket. Did a first ride with it yesterday and despite the cold (which the inner kept out very nicely) the
jacket performed brilliantly. As the day warmed up I just popped open the vents and bingo. Cool air. I sweat at the drop
of a hat so venting was a big feature for me.

A note: I did have to buy one size larger then I normally wear but this is often recommended anyway.

Check the link for more details and pics: https://www.rst-moto.com/rst-adventure-textile-jacket

DISCLAIMER: I don't work for nor do I have any vested interests in RAD KTM or RST.