Brand new 08 KLR Wrecked! NEW ONE ARRIVED TODAY!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I Can F ing believe it!

I Pull Away from the lights and a old Poephol in a Red Fiat Ciento Jumps the light at like 40kph right into the front of me.
I go Flying over the car and by some miracle don't break anything. My Wrist is sore and so is my upper back but nothing to major right now. Will go to the doctor this afternoon and have it all checked out.
But my precious brand new 5 day old 300km 2008 Green KLR is wrecked!
Handel bars are twisted right around the forks are twisted the entire faring is stuffed, as are the side panels and the exhaust . The bars bent so badly that the cross bar on the handlebar mashed the key into the ignition.
I can cry right now.

Luckily I had a witness stop and give me his details and the poephol is insured as am I.
but still how well will/can it be fixed, am I going to have a brand new wrecked KLR  on my hands from now on?

What will the spares situation be like? are there any in SA? is this going to take months to get fixed?

I'm so upset!

I am very grateful I am OK it could have been very bad for me. Luckily I had my full kit on so that saved me a lot I'm sure.
Oh and my BRAND NEW BMW Enduro helmet is badly scratched.

What a KAK day!

Jules