Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husaberg is dead.....long live Husqvarna  (Read 1960 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
    • Photography One on One
Re: Husaberg is dead.....long live Husqvarna
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 02:48:35 pm »
Just my opinion.....I think the Husqvarna brand has been damaged with all the recent developments and it's going to take some doing to restore the average Joe's faith in the brand to the extent where he/she is going to go buy a Husky.

Just one or two good wins with good names and riders on -- and that's it -- people do not have that long memories now days  ::)

No one cares that KTM was nearly bankrupt 12 years ago and that India own 49% of them or that they do not last as long as other brands  :pot:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:49:54 pm by blazes »
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 02:53:15 pm »
wish it was the other way round

The Husqvarna brand is over a 100 years old while Husaberg is less than 30 years old. Husaberg was originally started by disgruntled Husqvarna engineers when Cagiva bought Husqvarna in the mid 80's and moved the factory from Sweden to Italy.

In my opinion the joining of the two is good; the child being reunited with its parents so to say. It is just a pity that KTM calls the shots meaning that the new Husqvarna brand will be a diluted KTM. 
And now the Italians will be disgruntled because the factory will move to Austria

And rumor has it that the Husqvarna factory may be sold to Cagiva ---- who need new factory space -- maybe we will se a new Cagiva DS bike one day  ::)
We need some "exiting" dual sports me thinks and no one will do it better than the Italians.

I agree -- I remember that the guy at the factory who headed the development of the 610 Husky actually took it on a maiden ride across Europe to test it personally  ;)
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Grey hound
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 03:46:00 pm »
OK so now we are back to the "dream come true" outcome for Husky fans - I must admit all the see-sawing too and fro with regards to the future of the brand is getting tiresome!

This new guy better get some hot-shot marketing people on board ASAP to start communicating properly with the market ASAP!

But its very good news that Husaberg and Husky are reunited and will combine forces!  :thumleft: 

Much better than "Husky factory closes" with no other news or press releases to explain the development or the long term vision (if any).

Now does anyone have the email of the new head honcho so we can petition for the resurrection of the 610? (I'm serious).

Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Pistonpete

• Shop Mods
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Live to Ride...Ride to Live
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 04:05:35 pm »
Husawho?
'Routine is the thief of time'

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 04:50:31 pm »
OK so now we are back to the "dream come true" outcome for Husky fans - I must admit all the see-sawing too and fro with regards to the future of the brand is getting tiresome!

This new guy better get some hot-shot marketing people on board ASAP to start communicating properly with the market ASAP!

But its very good news that Husaberg and Husky are reunited and will combine forces!  :thumleft: 

Much better than "Husky factory closes" with no other news or press releases to explain the development or the long term vision (if any).

Now does anyone have the email of the new head honcho so we can petition for the resurrection of the 610? (I'm serious).

Now you talking -- maybe we can get some Italians who know where the tooling has been left for them and start a new plant with upgraded suspension and a slightly larger tank and we can tell them what little issues to fix before they leave the factory -- free of course as long as we get demo models
Current Scooters --

Offline zacapa

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
  • XR650L - 134.217kg lite weight special...
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 06:13:29 pm »

Offline Tuareg

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Braap....
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 06:41:07 pm »
I must concede that I'm more than just a bit disappointed.......
I really like the Husaberg brand, even the blue KTM's
I will miss them

Maybe we will see a return of the blue & yellow Huskies
Present: Yamaha TW 200Husaberg FE 650KTM 990 Adv RHonda XR650R
Past: KTM 450 XC-WKTM 950 Adv

Offline swart skaap

• Deleted Users
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 07:06:34 pm »
Husaweg

-- Jou lekke ding! --

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2013, 07:35:45 pm »
Maybe we will see a new OR390 automatic.......

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 07:39:17 pm »

Funny G-ser on the forum has a army edition auto he still rides till date -- amazing ---
Current Scooters --

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Hang time
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 09:47:12 am »
There are a lot of people saying that Husqvarna has ceased to exist and Husaberg has received a new better-selling brand name.

I think this probably hits the nail on the head  :'(  We will see what the new bikes look like when they are released towards the end of the year.
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 10:01:16 am »

Funny G-ser on the forum has a army edition auto he still rides till date -- amazing ---

Yip - he has been to one or two VMX events with it. Cruising around in the pits.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:01:43 am by Vintage_Mania »
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline swart skaap

• Deleted Users
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 11:04:19 am »
There are a lot of people saying that Husqvarna has ceased to exist and Husaberg has received a new better-selling brand name.

I think this probably hits the nail on the head  :'(  We will see what the new bikes look like when they are released towards the end of the year.
You might be right.
Husaberg was a bit ahead of Husky on some models

-- Jou lekke ding! --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 12:14:44 pm »

I think this probably hits the nail on the head  :'(  We will see what the new bikes look like when they are released towards the end of the year.
You might be right.
Husaberg was a bit ahead of Husky on some models

I doubt that --- Husaberg has served its purpose and is no longer needed by KTM for future development --Although Husky has some sweet goodies that will work on future bikes on both sides.
Sales of Husaberg were no where near as good as Husky -

So Husky will be Old Brand given a new Life imho and the testing ground for future KTM models--

If SP wanted to shut down the small competition-- namely Husky he did not need to buy it -- The factory was doing a pretty good job of running at major losses and it would have been only a matter of time before all the workers sat on the street anyway ---

Business is Business -- you cant keep people --HAPPY AT YOUR COST --
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:17:40 pm by blazes »
Current Scooters --

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Grey hound
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 12:20:54 pm »

Ja that's probably a realistic way of looking at things.

Even from a Husky owner's point of view its not such a bad thing, because Husaberg bikes by all account are very nice (although one hears that the last few models were simply re-branded KTM's  :-\).   

Plus Husaberg and Husky belong together so its a warm and fuzzy moment seeing the brands re-united - for me at least.

All I want is some continuity in terms of the future and more importantly somebody to build an upgraded version of the 610.  I don't care which company shirt he/she formally wore as long as they do it!

But I'll be a bit less impressed if I buy a new Husky and all it is a KTM that used to be branded as a Husaberg and now is called a Husky, especially if there is some sort of premium attached  >:(  If I wanted a KTM I'd buy one!

I suppose one thing is for sure - we can say good bye to the reasonable Husky prices and start buying a jar or two of vaseline in preparation for the new models!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:55:10 pm by alanB »

Offline Buddy

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2013, 12:33:20 pm »
Ag, it's easy to restore Husky's good name, all they need to organise is a ride in the dunes with Steve McQeen and Malcolm Smith.  ;)

Maybe call the youtube clip "On Any Sunday"
The Townkraaier of Kraaifontein

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Hang time
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2013, 12:37:32 pm »
Ag, it's easy to restore Husky's good name, all they need to organise is a ride in the dunes with Steve McQeen and Malcolm Smith.  ;)

Maybe call the youtube clip "On Any Sunday"

You will have a hard time getting Steve McQueen there, and if you did he certainly would not be able to ride the dunes  :biggrin:
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline Husamarine

• Puppy
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2013, 12:47:07 pm »
I don't mind as long as Husaberg remains with it's own identity and brand name within the new resurrected Husqvarna company.

At least this time Husaberg will enter on a more equal footing as opposed to its marriage with KTM.

Husqvarna to me has always built some of the best looking dirt bikes around, whilst at the same time I have tremendous admiration and love for the Husaberg bikes (own two of them).

Please don't let the brand name dissapear! Let Husaberg and Husqvarna each develop and focus on specific niche markets, whilst sharing ideas, designs and engines.

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Grey hound
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2013, 12:49:45 pm »
But at least we have been spared the "its a road bike with some off-road capability" fixation of BMW  :thumleft:

Although having said that, the bikes that were built under that regime are probably among the best in their class, or at least very interesting (even though none of them are my cup of tea at all):

The Nuda is surely one of a kind!  And is probably worth owning as a collectors piece alone (not to mention being probably the bike to buy if you have a terminal disease and don't want to wait for the bed ridden stage   and intend to really enjoy the last few days :P).

The Terra and Strada while being pretty lame off-road are probably the best of the bunch when it comes to "its a road bike with some off-road capability" 650 options IMO anyway.

So as much as I hammer BMW for their handling of Husky, and thank goodness we are free of them, some interesting bikes resulted from that union!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 01:00:26 pm by alanB »

Offline Buddy

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2013, 01:33:56 pm »
Guess we'll have to call him Ghost-rider.
The Townkraaier of Kraaifontein