Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Long Way Down  (Read 4209 times)

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
Re: Long Way Down
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2015, 07:21:51 pm »
My thoughts were based upon the state of play existing at the time - 2004- and not based only on the engines ultimate mileage potential.
Today things have changed, and for the same reasons I would probably back an 1190 over a 1200.

But anyway, hey............how easy to become a troll, without actually meaning to!  :pot:
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

2021 a milestone. 60 years a biker.

Offline Bensien

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2015, 07:32:47 pm »

You brand whore KTM riders need to wake up, your brand is k@k, Charlie Boorman said so!!!

Hes just suurgat because KTM only associate themselves with real riders, not wannabe posers.
Why do things that only happen to stupid people always happen to me?

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2015, 07:38:11 pm »

You brand whore KTM riders need to wake up, your brand is k@k, Charlie Boorman said so!!!

Hes just suurgat because KTM only associate themselves with real riders, not wannabe posers.

Pfft... says the lot who has branded dog bowls, toasters and pacifiers. And you call Harley riders posers.... please....

Offline Draadwerk

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • My job? Just something I do between rides....
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2015, 07:59:54 pm »
They did it on Beemers and they completed each trip. Maybe KTM would have made it as well, but we would never know because KTM themselves thought their bikes would fail...enough said...

Offline Bensien

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2015, 08:20:59 pm »

Pfft... says the lot who has branded dog bowls, toasters and pacifiers. And you call Harley riders posers.... please....

I also have a KTM cuckoo clock.
Why do things that only happen to stupid people always happen to me?

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2015, 08:27:55 pm »
They did it on Beemers and they completed each trip. Maybe KTM would have made it as well, but we would never know because KTM themselves thought their bikes would fail...enough said...

Listen, you twats on your "marketing cycles" should not rek bek to much either..... these days a BMW bike has so much plastic strapped to it I don't know if I should ride it or take it to a tupperware party.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:33:01 pm by Grrrr.... »

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2015, 08:30:04 pm »

I also have a KTM cuckoo clock.

I raise you a KTM braai...

Posers, pfffft.....

Offline Draadwerk

• Grey hound
  • My job? Just something I do between rides....
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2015, 08:38:35 pm »

Listen, you twats on your "marketing cycles" should not rek bek to much either..... these days a BMW bike has so much plastic strapped to it I don't know if I should ride it or take it to a tupperware party.
Met dit kan ek nie stry nie. They Just don't make em like they used to

Offline dieseldawie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • I like to drink lots of beer
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2015, 08:43:16 pm »
Lodie De Jager did it on his own on a KLR.
Where are my shorts??

Offline Dries Bike

• Pack Dog
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2015, 08:49:03 pm »
Die bottom line is Ktm het nie vertroue in hul produk gehad nie ,die bms ,met al die Maars en asse en ander  verskonings het long way round en down Gemaak en bly blykbaar met rede die bewildered keuse

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2015, 08:56:23 pm »
Lodie De Jager did it on his own on a KLR.

WOW!!!!

Offline TEXC

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
  • What more can a man want?
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2015, 09:03:49 pm »
Look, this is neither defending one brand, nor bashing another, just my unbiased opinion, honestly. I really think that if the lads had been mounted on KTM's - superior dirt handlers though they may be -  they just wouldn't have been tough enough to go the distance.
It's a case of horses for courses, and those 1150 dreadnoughts were the better horse for that particular course at that time, though even one of them didn't make it. And I would have my doubts about present day 1200's - all plastic and gimmicks.
No, I reckon that had they been on KTM's at the time, then the trip would have had to be completed on three Russian 2-Smokes.  :peepwall:
You quite done talking kak now, had a BMW sponsored muffin and late??
My 990 has over 120 000 km's on it, most of it off road, Mark Hardy's 950 has even more on it. Google is your friend, best you do some research on both brands and the issues.

Ja maar nie jy of Mark laai 290kg se kak ook nog op die bike nie, laai die ding soos 'n Qua-qua bakkie en doen die trip dan praat ons weer.
Luister nou badprop, die punt wat die muffin vreeter gemaak het was oor die myle ...... daai twee het anyway nooit daai kak gelaai of saam gery nie, daar is n X5 en n Nissan Patrol wat saam gery het.
Lees die hele verhaal, moet nie soos iemand wees wat 7de Laan kyk nie.

hey watch it buddy...my vrou kyk 7de laan :biggrin:

Offline TEXC

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
  • What more can a man want?
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2015, 09:05:02 pm »

wahahaha...mooi man :lol8:

Online Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2020, 10:43:10 pm »
Does anyone know of a link from which I could stream this series?
NC700 F800GS

Offline Wild Hearted Son

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
  • Sandton
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2020, 06:40:06 am »
Does anyone know of a link from which I could stream this series?

https://soap2day.to/tv_aToyODk4Ow.html
"...I was born to the city
But I longed to roam free..." - The Cult, Wild Hearted Son, 1991

Online Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2020, 09:28:37 am »
NC700 F800GS

Offline Tiger8

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2020, 02:43:35 pm »
https://fmovies.to/

I have been watching their latest ride; Long Way Up. This they did on Electric Harley's, that were created for this trip and 2 Rivian Trucks, both Prototypes; 01 & 02.

I like their camaraderie and interaction. I reckon Harley Davidson's electric bike, Livewire, is about to take off. Not an HD fan, but they did a decent job on these bikes. There were many challenges to overcome with the R&D of both the Trucks and Bikes, but hats off to both companies for having the guts to attempt this and do it well.

Charlie has overcome some serious setback in the past couple of years and took on the challenge, despite these.

Don't Sweat the Petty Stuff & Don't Pet the Sweaty Stuff!
Triumph Sprint 1050ST
Yamaha WR450F

Online Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2020, 07:09:11 pm »

I have been watching their latest ride; Long Way Up. This they did on Electric Harley's, that were created for this trip and 2 Rivian Trucks, both Prototypes; 01 & 02.

I like their camaraderie and interaction. I reckon Harley Davidson's electric bike, Livewire, is about to take off. Not an HD fan, but they did a decent job on these bikes. There were many challenges to overcome with the R&D of both the Trucks and Bikes, but hats off to both companies for having the guts to attempt this and do it well.

Charlie has overcome some serious setback in the past couple of years and took on the challenge, despite these.
Yeah I finished watching it yesterday. Was good...

Want to go back and watch the other two again
NC700 F800GS

Online BuRP

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2020, 07:24:06 pm »

Thank you for that site - but does one have to do something special to get it to work, to watch anything?
I only get a message "Server Error" hence me asking....
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 07:25:30 pm by BuRP »
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2020, 07:54:11 pm »
KTM wisely declined team whiner as they do not want to be associated with those sorts.

After all, people hanging out with BMW's and E-Harleys? Voertsek, KTM told them.