So, is anyone riding an NC700X?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McEloff

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Singer (all models)
I am curious as to whether the NC700X has taken off in SA? I know there was some discussion about it on here when it just came out, but not seen anything about it for a while now. Does this mean it is not that popular or am I talking to the wrong audience (being a DS forum after all)?

According to my local dealer and sales figures, they are doing very well here in the UK.
I've got one and I quite like it. I am using it for commuting only at the moment and planning some longer trips in the next couple of months. Fuel economy is very good, power is 'sufficient' (it was never meant to be a racing machine) and the handling is extremely easy because of the low cog. The engine takes a little getting used to, in the sense that you need to ride it like a diesel, early upshifts and don't expect any surges of power at high revs.

Out the box it is not meant for any serious offroading (I don't think they ever claimed it to be used for that, adventure 'styling' at best), but then again, especially here in Europe the vast majority of 'Adventure' motorcycles will never see anything more than a short gravel section in their life. Here is a review where they stuck some knobblies on and tried it in sand and gravel: https://rideapart.com/2013/02/rideapart-review-honda-nc700x/ and on the NC700 forums there is a couple of guys that have done the same and regularly use it offroad, so it can be pressed into service.

(image not mine, from the article)
IMG_1176.jpg