RAD Adventure @ Klaarfontein Farm 18-19 May 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EATMYKTM.

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
RAD Adventure Riding Weekend
Klaarfontein 
I would like to express my thanks and gratitude to Louis Nel from Klaarfontein farm for his hospitality last weekend on our RAD Adventure trip. Our group consisting of 5 South Africans, 1 Swiss and 1 Italian client were blown away by the beauty and ruggedness of the landscape, all linked up by fantastic dirt road system that just begged to be ridden all day.

Everything from the accommodation through to the incredible riding trails that he set out for us were top notch, so much so not even the chilly weather could dull our enthusiasm. When we seemed to get a bit complacent with the ease of the dirt roads, Louis would up the ante at our request and blow our minds by riding up and over the mountains on everything from slate paths to cattle tracks. This ensured that we were kept on our toes and forced to dig deep at times into our bag of dual sport riding techniques.

Obviously I had asked Louis to make the ride challenging, which he agreed to with a naughty glint in his eye, testing even Andrea Liverani, our Italian Enduro participant. Andrea and I were sent off on our own to tackle the tricky Bezuidenhouts pass on Sunday morning, which turned out to be one of the most entertaining rides I can remember in ages.

The pass itself has been left to ruin and has deteriorated terribly over the years, coupled with the rains on Friday night, ensured that this was a perfect technical ride over muddy stones and up rock steps. We had so much fun on the way down that we decided to turn around at the bottom and ride it again both ways. I’m still not sure which way was harder, up or down?

For the rest of our less experienced group, Louis accompanied them on a spectacular dirt road route which meandered up and down the escarpment, through Geluksberg, the old Van Reenens pass and the surrounding areas.

This area is awesome, not only for its beauty and variety, but especially for its close proximity to Johannesburg, Durban, and Bloem, enabling us all to get there and back within the weekend, not feeling rushed at all.

Thanks Louis, we had a blast and you’ll see me and the RAD Adventure crew at Klaarfontein again very soon indeed!

RAD regards
Andy Biram
+2778 097 4963
Road, Adventure, Dirt (Pty) Ltd
Long Meadow Office Park
Cnr. Modderfontein & Hereford Roads.
Long Meadow, 1609
South Africa

Tel: +2711 608 3006
Fax: 086 573 0651
Email: [email protected]

Attachments