The 3 TENORS / TENERES doing EC-Bash and beyond... taming the MAL PERD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody1

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
This is the story of 3 x S-10's that had a wonderful trip.
The trip planning was done here https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=117852.0 and although a lot of people said that it was TE VEEL, we managed to do it as planned. ... Riding the right bikes makes a difference..  :pot:
I am sure nothing as spectacular like the Vis Arende, but we had a good time....did not manage to get 14000 pictures, but we will work on that one. :imaposer:
On route we picked up a XT-350 (that impressed me) and another S-10 joining in the Verneukpan section.

So when the EC-Bash came up, I decided that this is the one I want to do.  Baviaans is a must, and combining a good old WD-Bash and Baviaans is a bonus.

But why stop there and turn back home... let us make a trip of this and see how much we can see in the time available before the boss NEEDS us back in the office.

Preparations went well. I designed a carrier to fit on the topbox bracket so that I can carry a 80 litre bag with all the stuff like the tent, 2 sleeping bags, 2 matrasses, 2 pillows, 2 blankets, etc etc as mommy would join us on the first section... PE to the Bash and then dropping her off at George airport to fly back to JHB.

To add to the Space Ship I made a bracket to hold the Samsung Galaxy Tablet with my new love///// T4A on Android.  :peepwall:

Chinaconnection will be joining us in PE for the trip.

So Thursday morning myself and my son Sweisie set off at 05h10 for PE.
We hit the tar hard as we will have lot's of opportunities to ride dirt the rest of the trip.

Arriving early afternoon in PE my son commented that his petrol budget is moertoe... getting around 14 km/l  :imaposer:

On the way we passed Leondude and his group and had a quick chat on the side of the road.

Attachments

• 000a.jpg
    000a.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 521
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 518
  • 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 515