Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Soooooo Sharkie  (Read 2913 times)

Offline LiveInTheOutdoors

• Race Dog
    • http://tigerr.smugmug.com
Soooooo Sharkie
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2006, 11:07:37 am »
Quote from: "shark_za"
So come on LITO, get and enduro and enter a few races. How about a sportsmens class roof to start ? I'll meet you there?

After a long counselling session from uncle phil michnus, he suggested the same around two months back. Still checking it out.  If I am flush enough by then (Several projects on the trot currently), then fawshaw, I would like or even love to enter that.

But wouldnt it be cool to do it on the big bike? Flushness has to do with wanting to take a big bike on it which will require me being 1zillion times better than what I am currently, and R4million damage to the bike too.

I think its a cool idea though Shark, so I am letting the idea cook in the back of my brain. I am skeered though of those small bikes (to be honest). I wheelied without thinking of it or even trying, going down a dune on a KTM 525 once, when it was offered to me and insisted that I ride the damn thing. Scared me to death that ............ :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Mebe I am just a big sissie. :roll:
very minute is a chance to turn it all around - Vanilla Sky

>Mav... started gym. Officially at 95kg....<

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
Soooooo Sharkie
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2006, 11:20:58 am »
Quote from: "LiveInTheOutdoors"
I am skeered though of those small bikes (to be honest).

Yep took a friends KDX 400 for a spin around the minedumps one day and scared the living crap out of me. Those bikes are dangerous in the wrong hands :shock: After 30 minutes of whooshing over and past everything thanked him for the ride and got back on my GS :D

Ai Primrose minedumps how I miss you now....ermmm no seriously where have you gone :?
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

shark_za

Soooooo Sharkie
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2006, 11:50:01 am »
Gone totally.  Once I was messing around there in a Suzuki Jeep, and stalled at the top of a crest, good thing cos the flat top that was there a week ago, had been washed away replaced by a 3M drop.

I used to sneak out there and shoot too.
Squatter camp now.

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
Soooooo Sharkie
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2006, 12:27:43 pm »
Quote from: "shark_za"

I used to sneak out there and shoot too.

We used to play on the minedumps behind Mini Movers and Sarel Hatting Park in Primrose with our bicycles, got many a hiding when my mother saw the minedump dust on our clothes and wheels. Geez to think we played there all day right through the school holidays and never were harassed, mugged or killed. Just kids playing on their bicycles on the dunes. Suppose now if you just ride around in the vicinity of the area on a bicycle you are toast :?
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

shark_za

Soooooo Sharkie
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2006, 12:35:56 pm »
It started getting bad when we would sneak out there, blast the first few shots and then hear rustling bushes and leaves as the squatters started running for cover.