Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Western Cape Off-road Club (WCOC)  (Read 727 times)

Offline Offroad2

Western Cape Off-road Club (WCOC)
« on: May 27, 2013, 05:21:00 pm »
Hi  Nice to see some interest in Off-Road racing and a couple of names I can recognise. Anyone interested, our next Off-Road event will be hosted near Caledon (Farm Dunhye Park) on the 15th June. 
To give you a brief on the events, WCOC along with the Junior club WCJOC host 13 races with 20 classes catering for everyone on the same day with electronic transponder timing.
Girls and Boys ages from 4 yrs old to Ladies and Gents in Master classes for both quads and bikes. Quads and bikes ride separately.
Three separate tracks cater for kiddies 5-7km,  Junior 15-20km and Senior track 30-40km depending on type of terrain.
Classes include social for the newer and social riders while there are also club / regional classes for the competitive riders.
Social & Club classes compete as many of their respective loops in two hours while Regional classes race for three hours.
We are please to see several new riders from the Dual Purpose fraternity who join us on dirt bikes to keep fit while having fun.
One event motorsport licenses are available or a reduced club membership fee for the remaining 2013.
Off-road is more free flowing and not as technical as Enduro however still challenging with technical sections that are rideable.
Our aim is to provide an action packed day for families and Friends together.
Events
Caledon 15th June
West Coast  Veldrif 31August
Ceres 19th Oct
Anyone interested please see our site www.westerncapeoffroad.co.za for details or you can mail me   info@westerncapeoffroad.co.za  :thumleft:

No Road like Off-Road

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Re: Western Cape Off-road Club (WCOC)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 10:29:40 pm »
Welcome to the forum, thanks for the post.. I am thinking of doing a few social races next year so good to get the info.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Offroad2

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 10:48:20 am »
Welcome to the forum, thanks for the post.. I am thinking of doing a few social races next year so good to get the info.

I see you have a 650 , we currently have a member riding social class on a big Honda 650, why not try it, the social riders have the most fun, you can contact me on the info link above & there are some track pics up at Cape-enduro site  :)
No Road like Off-Road

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 11:46:08 am »
I must change that, I just sold my XR650R and bought a CRF450X.. much better for that kind of riding.

Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Reinhardt

• Puppy
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 10:08:32 pm »
Ek moet sÍ, dit altyd 'n baie lekker dag. WCOC/WCJOC cater vir almal. As jy super vinnig is, kan jy ry, en as jy staaarig is, kan jy ook race. My kinders van 4 en 6 race ook. Dis nerens te tegnies nie, so jy gaan niemand ophou nie, en dis ook meeste van die tyd nie net flat-out nie.

Offline Beserker

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Agito ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 03:35:13 pm »
I must change that, I just sold my XR650R and bought a CRF450X.. much better for that kind of riding.

Are you bragging..   ???

Let me know...your stand is ready (@ race day  :deal: )
My Ride  :ricky:  Angola   Namibia  Northern Cape  Kids

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 10:03:30 am »

Are you bragging..   ???

Let me know...your stand is ready (@ race day  :deal: )

I have taken the 450 out for a few rides now and have gotten the hang of it, I have a riding training weekend planned for next weekend, so after that I think I will be ready to take on a social class or 2.

I am one of those okes who will just never think I am good enough to race competitively, but I am happy to come out and have some fun. Starting to go to gym as well to get the fitness levels up.. probably the only thing that is letting me down now.

Offline Beserker

• Race Dog
  • Agito ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 10:29:06 am »
....so after that I think I will be ready to take on a social class or 2.

I am one of those okes who will just never think I am good enough to race competitively, but I am happy to come out and have some fun.

Speak to Buff and Lood about the WCOC series...the social class is an awesome intro for newcomers, good practice session without being a bike breaker.

It strikes a very good balance as an introduction to racing.

Offline Buff

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 10:37:16 am »
Absolutely, it's an awesome series and they'll even teach you how to do mud skating using your dirt bike  :peepwall:  ;)

Yissie man, I'm still on a buzz after the weekends riding, it was such a jol  :blob9: :blob9:
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 10:40:06 am »
I broke all kinds of personal records this weekend; I managed to ride 3 times  :blob6:
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline Offroad2

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 11:35:28 am »
To add to the start of this thread , for those who can access a dirt bike, we continue to invite anyone wishing to join Off-Road. Please note, one event licenses are available @ R150 (provided you have med cover) + entry fee of R285 for social class. If you are interested it is best to enter before the event through our site details at the start of this thread.
Next event is at Veldrif 31 August.  If you want to get fit while having fun TRY it - no road like Off- Road !
No Road like Off-Road

Offline Beserker

• Race Dog
  • Agito ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 11:47:53 am »
I broke all kinds of personal records this weekend; I managed to ride 3 times  :blob6:

So....now you are ready to race.

Can we expect you (and your son) soon  :deal:

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 11:50:31 am »

So....now you are ready to race.

Can we expect you (and your son) soon  :deal:

Maybe  :biggrin:
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM