Opinions on a Lighter DS BIKE for my Girlfriend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whaleson

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Hi Guys,

We're looking for a 2nd Bike so that my girlfriend can come tag along and fall in the mud. Budget is 50k Max. Since she plans to leave the tarmac we need a DS Bike she can manage. It needs decent long distance performance for those long road stretches but she wont have a problem taking on more technical offroading/trails/whatever the bike can travel on.

Things we've looked at:
1)  650GS Dakar
2) Vanilla 650GS single
3) 650GS twin
4) S10 660
5) KLR650
6) Transalp
7) Aprilia Pegaso

I'm partial to BMW simply because there are so many of them, makes maintenance and parts easier to come buy and there is a healthy 2nd hand market. The Transalp is an option but it weight doesn't count much in its favour. The S10 is a great bike but on the expensive side for our budget. (Its also the brand I have the most experience with).

The Pegaso was parked randomly next to a KLR so thats why its on the list. Its a very good looking machine, but its an Aprilia so I have real concerns regarding maintenance and accessory availability(which are basically none). 

Opinions?