1190 R progressive suspension & farkles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GG

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
Took the R to Hilton Heyward for a suspension upgrade, this is what he did and said:

The fork setting was built for max comfort and not very suitable for proper off road use. Fork spring I fitted is great and I am very happy with that. Shock I left the setting standard and I am a little disappointed with the shock hardware, but it is sufficient.  I have fitted the Yacugar progressive spring and it works well. The spring at the rear is a good modification otherwise because this shock has no PDS system like the old adventure and by using the progressive spring it should greatly improve off road handling.  Bike is ready for collection, and I am sure it will be much better for real off road

I have not used it in anger yet, but came home over some gravel roads, and jumped a few storm humps, the front dives less and the rear is harder and lands MUCH better.  Overall I was very happy although its marginally less comfy and soft on the road.

Then fitted the R tinted touring screen, very very lekker at speed. I'm 1.9m and the small screen works well but if you look sidewways your peak gets a lekker tug. With this screen at its lowest setting i'm comfy!  Also bashplate fitted, its a serioius bashplate!  Progressive and marginally higher handlebar raisers (sorry Jan) and offroad toggle which remembers settings.  I also worked out how to switch off the flashing gear change light or to set it to come on at higher revs!  And how to keep the lights on.

Just under 3000k's and fun does not come in much better packages, i'm still taking the long way home, finding reasons to use dirt shortcuts and accelerating in an insane manner!